Notices

Turbo Installed - Car running extremely rough(without boost)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Installed - Car running extremely rough(without boost)

Ok, how do I start.

A buddy of mine just got done installing a turbo kit on my car. Basically, the car starts, but its a very slow sputtery start like it wants to immediately stall out (doesn't though)

When I put it in drive(automatic, obviously) and give it gas, theres a 35% change the car will imediately stall out, it will kind hesitate and stall, or hesitate and jerk forward, then accelerate like normal.

When it wants to shift from 1st to 2nd, sometimes, I'll keep my foot untouched on the gas and its as if I'm not pushing it at all, the revs will drop and the car will slow down, almost to a dead stop, I've noticed tapping the gas helps a bit to get the car moving again

And sometimes I'll be cruising at 50km/h, about 2k rpm and the car will sudenly just drop revs to 1k, then go up to 2k, then drop to 1k.

I'm keeping the wastegate(internal) open, so it doesn't create any boost until I can get it dyno-tuned. But for the moment, I want(and need) and normal running car. Is there anyway I can go about doing this? I'm using Greddy E-Manage blue, and I know the car is running VERY rich, so I was thinking if I screwed around with the fuel, maybe I can get it running a bit normal? Could screwing around with the fuel settings damage my car?

I was considering going off a basemap of someone else, but I'm not too sure how that works. Do I simply upload it to the E-Manage and drive?

I mean, I'll be honest, I know nothing about doing stuff like that, and I would like to learn to do it myself so I don't have to always have to depend on people...

Any help is appreciated, the sooner the better

Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Installed - Car running extremely rough(without boost) (vtak2nr)

what are you using for fuel? sounds like it might be running extremely rich. when i installed my 450 injectors and started the car with the stock ecu it ran how you're describing; extremely rough and shuddery. i didn't even try revving it. switching to a ecu with a basemap helped the problem of course, tuning made it even smoother.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Installed - Car running extremely rough(without boost) (civicdxtyper)

you have to disconnect the Greddy fmu and get your car tuned (NOW)!!! there is no i (until i get it tuned) i had the same problem and i got mines tuned the next day after my turbo was installed.