Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Transmission blueprint

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission blueprint

Does anyone know where I can find blueprints or digrams for a 95 civic ex manual tranny?

I'm going to be tearing mine apart this week. I'm getting a used tranny from the junkyard and putting together one working tranny out of the two. I was told I could get a diagram from a Honda dealer but the dealer in my area is a pain in the ***.

Will a tranny from a 96+ Civic work with my motor because I had originaly taken the car to a shop and they were telling me that the only trannys that would fit my car had to come from a 95+ Civic and I'm kind of weary about this cause the guy was insisting to me that it had to be those years and a 92-94 tranny wouldn't work which I know is a big line of Bull. They also tried to tell me that when the towtruck droped my car off to them that it wouldn't go into gear at all which I also know is complete bull because I had just driven the car around the block so the towtruck could get it. Needless to say as soon as I heard this I emidiatly retrived the car. Damn people are always trying to rip you off.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 06-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Transmission blueprint (cityofcaterpillars)

Actuall I think it'll be impssible to get blue prints of Honda's trannies but you can get their diagram. Acutally if you have a Haynes or Helms manual they'll most likely tell you that this procedure should be left to the experts, which it should anyhow. I know this because I have taken Honda trannies apart and rebuilt them and lemme tell ya that you better know what your doing becuase if you put the wrong part in backwards then its all over, and its pretty easy to do that too. Its also unbelievably easy to crack the case when removing the case bolts, their is a procedure for this. If your serious about doing this then you'll need access to a hydralic press because the gears won't come off easily with bare hands. And you gotta know where to press the gears also or else you'll crack a gear. Funny thing is that some gears in that tranny are worth more than buying a whole used tranny, if bought new. Also when you take a tranny apart your supposed to measure its clearances, thickness, etc, etc. Because you'll never know your installing a peice of junk gear or shaft until you start the car and put it in gear. Am I scaring you yet? No? Okay then, you're probably gonna need Honda's own service manual since I don't think anyone else includes this procedure in their manuals. Good luck and may god be with you.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Transmission blueprint (Spartanic)

i just rebuild my tranny...what spartanic discribe is right...it was a PAIN in my ***(and some other places) i would never do it again unless i absolutely have too..no wonder y working on trannies by honda or any other shop cost so much money..gl if u decide to go w. it..u definetly need somekind of manual..have fun