Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Str throttle body question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Str throttle body question???

I just bought a str throttle body and put it on and everything. Now my idle is making my car rumble and is a little irratic. There are two adjustments on the tb screws one with an allen key and the other is a long screw. The only way I could get the car to start was to adjust the long screw. Anyone who has one of these please help me out.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Str throttle body question??? (Jdmbsixteen)

The long screw is the butterfly adjustment. You need to make sure ther is a small space between the butterfly and the innerwall of the TB. If there is no space once you start your car, the vacuum pressure will cause the car to stall(no air). Make sure your throttle cable is adjusted correctly. The TPS plays a very crucial role in the hole game as well. I found .5 works great. The larger adj. allen screw on the side is idle /air which needs to be tuned in as well. Are you using the supplied STR gasket? We did not cut a hole in the gasket for air to travel from the manifold,(IAC) this is because not all manifolds have this passage, if yours does, use an exacto knife cut a hole and it should work no problem. Although it is a simple install there are several different adjustment that need to be made to actually make the TB work correctly, They all play their own crucial role.

Thanks for the purchase and you can check out our line instructions or PM me if you are still having any problems.http://www.strpower.com/Inst/TB/strtb.html
Old 02-20-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Str throttle body question??? (STR)

cool I wish I would have talked to you earlier. I figured all it out now. thanks for replying. Better late than never.