Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stolen gsr motor??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (fdjizm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fdjizm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont go to big huge group street races because im not a moron.. and i dont want my car impounded..so no i havent gotten my car searched.... and i say yea.. u bought it.. u assumed it was his engine.. u didnt know anything, u put it in ur car.. whats going to happen?.. its not like you stole the engine... </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, it's safe to say that he thought (don't assume, because we all know what happens when people start assuming) the engine was his and the op bought it. but now he has doubt and personally, i couldn't sleep at night doubting it. besides, calling the cops to check the VIN is just playing it safe.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i rather check the vin on a site than call the cops, so they can ask u for ur name and info so they can "take a look" at the engine...unfortunately i know of people who are running stolen engines in their cars.. although they themselves didnt steal them. thats just how the world works we all get robbed from time to time, the government robs me everytime i get paid.. this cycle will never end... if u got a good deal might as well benefit from it... sorry if m harsh dont know where u guys are from but u guys here on this forum do illegal **** all the time.. dont act like goodie two shoes now... with ur speeding on the highway, intake with no sticker, non catalytic converter having asses..
Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fdjizm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i rather check the vin on a site than call the cops, so they can ask u for ur name and info so they can "take a look" at the engine...unfortunately i know of people who are running stolen engines in their cars.. although they themselves didnt steal them. thats just how the world works we all get robbed from time to time, the government robs me everytime i get paid.. this cycle will never end... if u got a good deal might as well benefit from it... sorry if m harsh dont know where u guys are from but if u guys here on this forum do illegal **** all the time.. dont act like goodie two shoes now... with ur not catalytic converter having asses</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, the world might work that way and that's the reason it's fucked up, because of people with that mentality. if you think the government steals from you everytime you get paid, then you don't know how things really work.

as far as doing illegal ****, sorry buddy, i don't do any of it. everything on my car is legit. i work hard to save and install the parts on my car. it has nothing to do about being a goodie to shoes, but everything to do with what is right. and there are hundreds of people on here have the same moral values that i do, but it's sad there are people like you and your friends on here (buying stolen ****).

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

the link i posted has over 1000 pages of stolen threads, people like me who work hard for a living. and this is the reason why i picked up a piece, for those who caused those threads!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 AM

well sorry for how you feel but "people like me" and "people like you" still isnt going to change anything, we all grew up a different way and we all think differently, someone in idaho might not agree with me on life's lessons ya know lol and the day goes on...
Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang onto it for a few months, dont say anything to anybody, and if nothing comes up then put it in your car, ok have a nice day .
Old 03-07-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: (ifIexplode)

buy a short block and swap the parts and youll have a legit swap for about 1100
Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 AM

how would swapping parts from a stolen motor make it any better, thats stealing from the stolen motor lol , why not just keep the motor if your going to try to strip it... makes no sense.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (spork motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spork motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">carfax that ****, if im right shouldnt the car's vin come up stolen?

dude you're in deep **** lol, what are you going to do, call the cops have them throw you in jail

expletive i can see you in the newspaper (young honda tuning moron called police to check out his stolen motor, when the officers found this idiot they beat his *** within an inch of his life, and took the engine from him and returned it to whom he stole it from, a gradma at the age of 65. thankfully she has an engine for her daily driver.) </TD></TR></TABLE>kinda reminds me of my story. Gave my mom a 96 gsr and of course it got stolen, shes 51 and struggling. She was left with nothing but a shell. I wish one day I would get a call talking bout some idiot called wondering if the swap he bought for $500 was stolen? I put so much money in that car before I gave it to her. Still have credit card debt to prove. I could use that swap to sell. lol. So all you who just look at a good dedal for whaat it is, don't worry. Your day will come and I bet you'll be on here crying like a little bitch about all the time and effort you put in your car. Maybe you could even buy them back(at a discount of course) from the same "boys" would gave you thoose good deals
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ohhhhhhhh I know!!!

If a deal is to good to be true I needs to be stolen??? I found A guy who is selling some 17 for $100 so I should assume that they are stolen because new ones cost 700??? Crack of ...... I sell my stuff cheap all the time, why??? I need to get rid of it now!!! Yes I loose money on it, ( clue playing with cars is not an $$ investment ) but I got $$ in hand. Do not get me wrong Thiefs suck, and i am not defending them.

What the guy could do is ask the seller if the engine is stolen.... I already know the answer he would get.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I read this correctly. Some dude sold you a GSR swap for $500 in a Wal-Mart parking lot and just NOW you think it may not be legit? Are you ******* retarded?

God help the future of this race </TD></TR></TABLE>yup, and now a bunch of people who more than likely run stolen parts and telling him it's okay. We should ban every person who says it okay to give my hard earned but stolen parts at a discount. vote to ban

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ifIexplode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hang onto it for a few months, dont say anything to anybody, and if nothing comes up then put it in your car, ok have a nice day . </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fdjizm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well sorry for how you feel but "people like me" and "people like you" still isnt going to change anything, we all grew up a different way and we all think differently, someone in idaho might not agree with me on life's lessons ya know lol and the day goes on...</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, it's safe to say that he thought (don't assume, because we all know what happens when people start assuming) the engine was his and the op bought it. but now he has doubt and personally, i couldn't sleep at night doubting it. besides, calling the cops to check the VIN is just playing it safe. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek4_b16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think you can do that....b18 internals in a b16...but hey...swap it in, if you get caught say you bought the car that way...ehehhe...sucks to be you though...hey...just sell it to me then...i'll take it...no probs...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-07-2007, 08:02 AM

ahh go to church
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (4potnick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4potnick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup, and now a bunch of people who more than likely run stolen parts and telling him it's okay. We should ban every person who says it okay to my hard earned but stolen parts at a discount. vote to ban

</TD></TR></TABLE>

HEY, why is my quote up there? didn't you read all my other post. i'm totally against the ****. never bought stolen parts, never would!
Honda-Tech Member

church, no. I have better ways of dealing with things down here in fla
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fdjizm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ahh go to church</TD></TR></TABLE>

the one place you need my friend.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I read this correctly. Some dude sold you a GSR swap for $500 in a Wal-Mart parking lot and just NOW you think it may not be legit? Are you ******* retarded?

God help the future of this race </TD></TR></TABLE>