Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

archive of stolen motors check here before you buy a motor! engine serial #'s socal only!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default archive of stolen motors check here before you buy a motor! engine serial #'s socal only!

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ONLY

******edit there are simply too many stolen cars everyday in the united states im just 1 guy i cant sit here all day everyday just reporting **** stolen THATS FOR YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT!*******************

okay guys ive benn trying to get a longblock forever and the only way to check right now is through CHP and if you tell them to run a serial and it comes up stolen you're royally screwed. ya know how california polic are okay

here is what i am setting up, an archive for ht users to simply look up an engine serial number to find out if a deal is too good to be tru or not

don't know what an engine serial number is or where it is?

its where the block code is stamped

B18C5
XXXXX

the number of x's is not correct but it is located directly under the block stamp

what i need from you guys that report a block being stolen

1: type of engine (eg: B16A, B18B, B18C1)
2: engine serial number
3: date it was stolen
4: if recovered and legit to sell or not

when you guys report an engine as stolen i will edit my second post on this thread and add it to the list at that time please delete your reply to keep it nice and orginized

THIS ALSO GOES FOR JDM MOTORS THEY HAVE SERIAL NUMBERS ALSO!!!!!!

Modified by Team RS2 at 11:37 PM 5/17/2007
Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: archive of stolen motors check here before you buy a motor! engine serial #'s socal only! (Team

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:
ENGINE TYPE:
BLOCK SERIAL:
DATE STOLEN:

Modified by Team RS2 at 11:27 PM 5/17/2007
Old 05-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: archive of stolen motors check here before you buy a motor! engine serial #'s socal only! (Team

For real? Southern California?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This really belongs in the regional forums. I think it'll do a lot more good there, and get a lot more attention.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D Day &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For real? Southern California?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i see ATLEAST 5 threads of cars stolen in or around my area
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: (Team RS2)

guess its not a good idea? atleast stolen motors are cheap
Old 05-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm a Jackass

good post but how can we trust you?! lol
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: (bobafreaklx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobafreaklx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good post but how can we trust you?! lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

im legit wanna buy a type-r swap for 50 bucks?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome. good to see someone trying to help out with this auto theft. we should maybe do the same thing except with stolen body parts. like make an archive of vin numbers of body parts that were stolen.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im legit wanna buy a type-r swap for 50 bucks? </TD></TR></TABLE>

got one better than that, at a supermarket parking lot guy offered me a b20vtec setup, claiming it was fully built with a custom geared b16a tranny and that he'd include the hondata s300 tuned ecu and mounts to go along with it, he'd sell it to me for 1000 and I could keep my current motor, and that he'd want to have "his boy" do all the labor just to give him "some rep on the street"....can you say SHADY?!?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awesome. good to see someone trying to help out with this auto theft. we should maybe do ethe same thing except twith stolen body parts. like make an archive of vin numbers of body parts that were stolen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

as far as I know the only body parts that might even have a VIN, are the firewall, dash, and if it's a JDM car, on the rad. support
Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

the bumper trunk etc have little stickers but then they are removable etc so idk just thought this right here will cut down on car theft
Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">got one better than that, at a supermarket parking lot guy offered me a b20vtec setup, claiming it was fully built with a custom geared b16a tranny and that he'd include the hondata s300 tuned ecu and mounts to go along with it, he'd sell it to me for 1000 and I could keep my current motor, and that he'd want to have "his boy" do all the labor just to give him "some rep on the street"....can you say SHADY?!?</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you joking? lmao yea man my "boy" needs to chop ur car up while in installs the b20 vtec omg man i guess it doesnt take a genius to steal cars
Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you joking? lmao yea man my "boy" needs to chop ur car up while in installs the b20 vtec omg man i guess it doesnt take a genius to steal cars </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, no joke. I started to walk away as soon as he told me the price, and then when he told me "his boy" could install it for free(so long as I gave him "some rep/cred on the street") I just told him that I was a broke college student and that the only kind of swap I was looking for was a z6 or jdm d15B with papers and a bill of sale(I told him my sol was an S model...non vtec) and he said if I change my mine to just come back to the store and that he hangs out there alot...haven't seen him since

Old 05-17-2007, 11:00 PM

you shouldve been like yea dude, give me your name and number and a place where i can meet you up becuase i have the money at my house, show up with a bunch of cops
Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol lovin it
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a good post. socal has alot of cars being stolen weekly. bump to get you started!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vincentek9)

Most Chp will not run a serial number, They only do vin verification. Your best bet is calling your local sherrif and running the numbers through their stolen history data base.

I tried with the Chp, not really any help. I even had the block in my trunk.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (vincentek9)

haha at the very least itll stop at least some stolen motors circulating and will maybe discourage theives to sell on honda tech keeping the for sale forumn clean
Old 05-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you shouldve been like yea dude, give me your name and number and a place where i can meet you up becuase i have the money at my house, show up with a bunch of cops </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have at least done that
Old 05-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FalkenSiR)

nah didn't want to risk it since he knows what my car looks like, and getting someone's address from the DMV with just as plate # is VERY easy....used that method to track down someone who decided to run after side swiping my sister a few months back...did bring the cops with me in that instance though
Old 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
NMZ
Honda-Tech Member

bump
u should make a website instead with a search feature
Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: (NMZ)

i dont know how lol, plus nobody really is refestireng any serial numbers so i think this is a failed idea il' be abonding the idea in a few weeks possibly and in the futeur for myself just be very cautious
Old 05-20-2007, 10:13 PM

bump
Old 05-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good ideal. Just glad that I have no numbers to report.

Quick Reply: archive of stolen motors check here before you buy a motor! engine serial #'s socal only!