Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing???

i've searched but to no avail, when i release the clutch while the...uh...gears and stuff are spinning in the tranny (changing gears, going into neutral, or playing with it at a stop light) i hear this squeak and it sounds as though it's coming from the pedal and i can feel it in the pedal but that doesn't make sense; i know it is a squeak from a spinning part because if i repeatedly stab the clutch with my foot while in neutral i get a squeak with the first stab at it then none for the successive stabs.... also i can make it squeak just a little but letting whatever is causing the squeak to spin up for a second then hitting the clutch again.....

am i making sense here?

i would like to know if you think it is from my throw out bearing...
i would also like to know if a BEARING, CLUTCH PILOT (TOYO) is the same thing as a throw out bearing.... so if you have time, oh mighty gods of the honda please get back to me
Old 01-27-2003, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (Typical Lucas)

i got the same thing. it went away after a couple months though.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (tominos)

got the car in august, does it every time
Old 01-27-2003, 04:03 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (tominos)

The throw out bearing makes a continus noise.
Your slave clutch cylinder is just old, or the boot is old. I would recommend bleeding and flushing your clutch system. Only do it when your curtain of how to bleed, very easy but some people get stuck then they can't drive their car of course...

Search bleeding clutch.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:16 PM

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (w00t!)

The throw out bearing makes a continus noise.
Your slave clutch cylinder is just old, or the boot is old. I would recommend bleeding and flushing your clutch system. Only do it when your curtain of how to bleed, very easy but some people get stuck then they can't drive their car of course...

Search bleeding clutch.

searched for bleeding crotch.... then searched for bleeding clutch and found what i needed, i'll take those directions, compare them with the honda book that i have and get a buddy to help. A ? for you, if that doesn't work are there some ways i can search out the problem and see if it is the cylinder, boot, or other parts need replacing?
Old 01-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (Typical Lucas)

or it might just be the spring.... My del sol did this everytime it rained, so I took it to the dealer and they lubed the spring... they told me if the noise came back to just get it replaced.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:28 PM

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (Fuminsho)

or it might just be the spring.... My del sol did this everytime it rained, so I took it to the dealer and they lubed the spring... they told me if the noise came back to just get it replaced.

the spring? you mean the spring on the actual pedal?
Old 01-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (Fuminsho)

My car did the same thing after my lower control arm was torn off. A couple of weeks later i changed the clutch, clutch cover, and thrust bearing then the squeeking went away. I dont know if it was the thrust bearing or not but yeah.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (aw1234dude)

bumpage...
Old 01-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try bleeding the clutch
Old 01-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (Dohc93hatch)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are two springs on inside the car and one out side... the one outside maybe your problem... just ride it out to see if it goes away.....

Hey does it make noise when it is wet or dry out side? Or does it do it all the time... now think about this.. you probably haven't really paid attention to one of the other.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:23 PM

It's not the throwout bearing. A throwout bearing has nothing to do with the clutch pedal, you could release the pedal as many different ways as you want, if it was the throwout, the noise wouldn't change. Have you changed your tranny fluid since August? Also, are you familiar with the slave cylinder? If you know how to bleed your clutch, do that. If you don't, ask us and we will tell you how.

[Modified by Paranoid Android, 3:24 PM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-29-2003, 12:28 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: squeaky noise when releasing the clutch . . . throw out bearing??? (Paranoid Android)

I've heard it's nothing to worry about.. It is just a part that needs to be lubed up.. i forget what exactly it is.. Try searching the ARCHIVES for "Squeaky Clutch" I got 15 different threads.. but here is one that answers it pretty well i guess:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=297372

[Modified by Hatchy-Ownzjo0, 4:31 PM 1/29/2003]