Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Should I be worried?

I am putting in a Si tranny right know and I am worried about my shift fork snapping. I am going to be putting in a ACT heavy duty clutch kit. I am just worried about the clutch fork being to weak to hold up to the press. plate pressure. It is going to be more than my stock so I am kind of worried about the added force snapping the fork. Is it going to be too much stress on my fork? Is there a stronger one out there that I can replace it with?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Should I be worried? (Bond)

i use to daily drive a act 4 puck with no problems. hope that helps
Old 05-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe that you would only snap your shift fork if your grinding gears while shifting and if you dont rev match while down shifting and just slam it into gear.

shift normally and you should be fine but im not 100% on this
Old 05-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I be worried? (donut.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i use to daily drive a act 4 puck with no problems. hope that helps</TD></TR></TABLE>

It does help. So guess it should be able to hold up to the forces as long as I shift right. Anybody else have any idea about this?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Electrician

Just take some time and get to "feel" your transmission. You can know when it's binding and when it's not. Be one with the transmission, BE the transmission!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:19 PM

i broke a shift fork and went through a clutch in a quick hurry by shifting hard into gears (tryin to beat a buddy of mine's TC ... **** that slow piece of ****) thats when it started grinding real bad... ever since i had to rev match to drop into second... well... clutch finally went and i tore the trans out to find out that... Shift fork broken inside the trans.... and clutch so worn out it fucked the outside of the six flywheel bolts up ... you just gotta learn not to be a stupid fast and furious street racer like i used to be... haha... people should all have a little time on honda-tech to grow up...
Old 05-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimitri_EG8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimitri_EG8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just take some time and get to "feel" your transmission. You can know when it's binding and when it's not. Be one with the transmission, BE the transmission! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will try. I think I will watch the karate kid to brush up on my hand eye coordinations.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bond)

Instead of starting a new thread I will just add to this one. When I had my old tranny in, my shifter was kind of "loose". When in neutral when I moved the shifter to the left (1st and 2nd) it was very "loose" and had no resistance. But when I moved it to the right (5th and reverse) it was alot stiffer and felt better. Is the bushing on the shifter just wornout because 1 and second is used more than 5 and reverse. Could replacing the bushing fix this "loose" or lack of resistance on the left side. Dimitri_EG8 I read your how to for shifter bushings and was wondering if that would help.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I be worried? (donut.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i use to daily drive a act 4 puck with no problems. hope that helps</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did the same.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Instead of starting a new thread I will just add to this one. When I had my old tranny in, my shifter was kind of "loose". When in neutral when I moved the shifter to the left (1st and 2nd) it was very "loose" and had no resistance. But when I moved it to the right (5th and reverse) it was alot stiffer and felt better. Is the bushing on the shifter just wornout because 1 and second is used more than 5 and reverse. Could replacing the bushing fix this "loose" or lack of resistance on the left side. Dimitri_EG8 I read your how to for shifter bushings and was wondering if that would help.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can anybody help with this one?