Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Recomendations for JDM motor install...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recomendations for JDM motor install...

Hey all...new to the board, just entered the Honda world...quite apt at working on cars, well Nissan 300zx's anyways, and have a pretty good mechanics knowledge and skill level...

Just bought a Del Sol shell, has everything but the motor and tranny...looking to purchase a B16A2 (SiR II) complete change over kit from hmotorsonline.com (recommended by a buddy that just did a H22A in a Civic) anyways...my questions are as follows:

1) Do you recommend hmotorsonline? Anyone have a bad experience, etc.
2) Before dropping the motor in the car, what should I change? So far my list is, timing belt, t-belt tensioner, plugs, wires...do I need to do any seals, if so what's recommended?
3) What else should I change or check while the motor is out of the car? I'm looking at saving money here, so modifications aside (they will come later, don't worry) We're in the process of buying a house, so mods are going to have to wait a couple months till we're settled in.

This is going to be my daily driver/winter driver for now. We're moving further away from my work, so my Geo Storm won't cut it anymore, need something with a little more spunk and a lot more reliable. Car came with a D15 16-valve motor/tranny/ECU out of the car, but I figure if I'm going to drop a motor in I only want to do it once and want to be satisfied with what's in there, and have a more popular engine/drivetrain to modify in a few months. If anyone is interested in that motor/tranny/ecu let me know, we can work something out (sorry if that's not supposed to be in here, feel free to edit it out, or tell me to if it's a problem)

Well, think that's about it for now...I'm sure I'll be here a lot Thanks

Sean
Old 09-12-2004, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Recomendations for JDM motor install... (xZeler8)

HMotorsonline are pretty good. , you should atleast check the timing belt...plugs wires, remember about all the little gaskets you need (intake/exaust) im sure you should get the pressure plate resurfaced . but as far as the sir motor...just save a lil more and throw a K series in that baby =o)
Old 09-12-2004, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=983454
this will help you
and yes Hmotors online is awesome. a buddy got a motor from them and it seemed extremely weak. so we did a compression test and it was horrible called up Hmotors. He sent the motor back and they sent us a new one no shipping charge. got it from cali to Indiana in 3 days!
Old 09-12-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

awesome...that's definately the kind of info I like to hear, thanks.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Re: (xZeler8)

hmotorsonline.com is a good company, they sometimes make mistakes though, like everyone else in the world... took me 2 weeks for all my stuff (motor and all the body parts i needed).. just make sure they dont forget little things when u get the motor... i was missing a halfshaft personally, and i know of other people that have had similar problems, they will send it to you priority if you are indeed missing something.