Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problems with k20a2 into eg

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with k20a2 into eg

I have my a2 into my eg hatch and I was driving it around saturday night and I drive it to school yesterday. Right after school i went to the muffler shop to get the to connect my header and the current exhaust. Then when I leave the shop the car is rev limiting itself at 4k. Well I drive it throught town to get home and then the tach needle starts jumping from 0-3k and all in between. I am driving up this hill and it dies, well i recrank it while its rolling and try to get it over the hill and I eventualy do. Well I coast it in a parking lot and pop the hood. I check all my fuel and vaccum lines and everything is fine. I check my wiring in the car and its all fine and the same as it was when it was running fine, nothing had come undone. Well i see how long it will idle before it will do the needle hoping and die. Well it does and not too long after I had cranked it. Well I pulled the battery terminal and waited and rehooked it. Well it started idling fine and I figured it was just wanting gas b/c I was low. SO I drive it to the gas station and its fine, I never got it over 4k so I didnt know if it would still limit it or not. Well I put like $3 in gas and not i have 1/4 tank and I figure that enough for me to get to walmart where I have a gas card. Well I come back from paying and it wont start. It turns over but it dont fire. I push it to the curb and I check the grounds and whatnot and my main relay is working but the fuel pump wont cut on. Well after tampering around and turning the switch on and off I can the pump to cut on. The fuel pump will cut on when I touch the 2 grounds together and eventualy would work when i bolted them back down. Well it still wouldnt start and me and some friends are out there try to find out whats wrong and the fuel pump stops kicking on. We check to see if there is 12v going to it and there is but the pump wont come on. There is a possibility that it may not be sparking so I have no clue how to check ignition on the k series. So as of now its on the trailer and hooked to the back of my truck and I am dragging it around b/c I couldnt get it off by myself lastnight and didnt have time this morning.
Any suggestions? I have typed everything in the exact sequence it started doing everything.
also i have hybrid racing harness and K pro

Old 03-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: problems with k20a2 into eg (josh green)

Wow cliff notes man? All those words together hurt my eye.

My suggestion would be to either IM or wait for Nikos to post in here. He knows a little to much about K20s, i think his addicted :-x