Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K swap help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K swap help

I have my a2 into my eg hatch and I was driving it around saturday night and I drive it to school yesterday. Right after school i went to the muffler shop to get the to connect my header and the current exhaust. Then when I leave the shop the car is rev limiting itself at 4k. Well I drive it throught town to get home and then the tach needle starts jumping from 0-3k and all in between. I am driving up this hill and it dies, well i recrank it while its rolling and try to get it over the hill and I eventualy do. Well I coast it in a parking lot and pop the hood. I check all my fuel and vaccum lines and everything is fine. I check my wiring in the car and its all fine and the same as it was when it was running fine, nothing had come undone. Well i see how long it will idle before it will do the needle hoping and die. Well it does and not too long after I had cranked it. Well I pulled the battery terminal and waited and rehooked it. Well it started idling fine and I figured it was just wanting gas b/c I was low. SO I drive it to the gas station and its fine, I never got it over 4k so I didnt know if it would still limit it or not. Well I put like $3 in gas and not i have 1/4 tank and I figure that enough for me to get to walmart where I have a gas card. Well I come back from paying and it wont start. It turns over but it dont fire. I push it to the curb and I check the grounds and whatnot and my main relay is working but the fuel pump wont cut on. Well after tampering around and turning the switch on and off I can the pump to cut on. The fuel pump will cut on when I touch the 2 grounds together and eventualy would work when i bolted them back down. Well it still wouldnt start and me and some friends are out there try to find out whats wrong and the fuel pump stops kicking on. We check to see if there is 12v going to it and there is but the pump wont come on. There is a possibility that it may not be sparking so I have no clue how to check ignition on the k series. So as of now its on the trailer and hooked to the back of my truck and I am dragging it around b/c I couldnt get it off by myself lastnight and didnt have time this morning.
Any suggestions? I have typed everything in the exact sequence it started doing everything.

also i have hybrid racing harness and K pro
Old 03-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: K swap help (josh green)

I bet its a ground wire issue.....check to see if your ground wires have a clean contacts to the frame with no paint in the way. K20 swaps are way ground wire sensitive. If its not that, I'd hit up Hybrid racing and ask them for some tech support cuz it sounds like it might be a wiriing issue.....

Also make sure all your sensor plugs are snapped in and not loose, such as the MAP sensor (top of throttel body)...
Old 03-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, the ground wires are fine I believe. None of the plugs have been touched and are plugged in. I believe it could be the harness b/c I spoke to someone on k20a.org and they told me that they have had some problems with some of them. I know my temp sensor hasnt worked since I have had the car running. I was told that that was the harness as well. I will contact them as soon as I can but any other constructive comments are welcome