Default password jdm fogs?

are they any good? people talk down about some of there stuff so i was j.w
Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically the exact same as depos
Old 01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (CeeJay16)

are depos good? how do they compare to raybrigs??
Old 01-29-2007, 08:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CeeJay16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are depos good?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just FYI I bought supposedly OEM SIR Headlights for my Ek from password and the left side is perfect OEM fit/quality. The right side is another story. The right headlight wont align (bulb wont shine straight)/ fits like crap (has a 1/2 inch gap around the fender) / came in a different box then the right side headlight / and also had a different city light bulb socket. Just FYI!

Modified by Type Ek at 10:05 PM 1/29/2007
Old 01-29-2007, 08:19 PM

I have password jdms fogs on my 97 civic. They have worked great for umm..almost a year. But i did have one problem with the wires in the plug on the harness that plug into the lights to be backwards so i kept blowing fuses until i figured this out.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:23 PM

light output from the 92-95 fogs aren't that great in the first place...

oem, depo, it doesn't matter...

if your getting them for looks... then any will do... go look on ebay...

if you want to run higher wattage bulbs... you might want to make a custom upgraded harness.

please search next time, there are hundreds of threads on foglights... and how they are all the same..

if you want more functional fog lights... do an hid conversion on them.

imo, retrofit your headlights with hid, you will never complain about your headlights again...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (bpr0422)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">light output from the 92-95 fogs aren't that great in the first place...

oem, depo, it doesn't matter...

if your getting them for looks... then any will do... go look on ebay...

if you want to run higher wattage bulbs... you might want to make a custom upgraded harness.

please search next time, there are hundreds of threads on foglights... and how they are all the same..

if you want more functional fog lights... do an hid conversion on them.

imo, retrofit your headlights with hid, you will never complain about your headlights again...</TD></TR></TABLE>

so i dont gave an eg, i did search, and i never complained about my headlights so thanks for your input any ways..
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

depo
had them on my em1 for about 1 year
great
Old 01-29-2007, 09:34 PM

okay, so you have an ek...

imo the 99-00 fogs look better, cause i think they are integrated into the bumper better.

get a set of fogs from ebay, look for the cheapest ones...

they are all made in china or tiawan, and all come with the same wiring harness.

what i meant was that if you were getting fogs for a functional purpose... then a good set of ion yellow piaa bulbs will make your halogen fogs more functional.

an hid retro fit is the best of both worlds, function and form, not only do they look amazing when they are on, but they provide the best light output.

If you do plan on running some "hotter" bulbs, then "beefing" up the fog light wiring is a must.

to "beef" up the fog light wiring, your going to need 16-14ga wiring, an Water Resistant ATC automotive fuse holder, automotive relay, solder, soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, and a heat gun.

Read this: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938 to learn how to do correct wire connections

Read this: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1812043 to see how the fog lights are actually wired up.

the only section you have to beef up is the section in the engine bay.

Connect the power wire from the supplied harness to the coil of your new relay, then ground the relay's coil.

Then run a fused power line from the battery to the relay's N/O terminal; and run the power wires to the foglights to the relay's common terminal.

This little addition will help in preventing your "Depo" or "oem" wiring harness from melting from electrical stress.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it's good, mine are the yellow ones from depo & i have no problems from them
Old 01-30-2007, 03:35 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had both DEPOs and Esuse lights on my car and the DEPOs were complete crap. The Esuse ligths on the other hand have been problem-free.

The issues I had with the DEPO lights included multiple loose grounds (one or the other light would constantly go out, hit it and it'd come back on usually), leaky glass (surrounded the edge of the lenses with silicone and it never helped - in fact they're been off my car for over a year and are still wet inside), and finally a screw snapped off in the housing. The screw that snapped off holds the clip on that holds the bulb in. So that was the death of those lights.

Though I have heard better things about the reliabilty and quality of DEPO '99-'00 foglights over the DEPO '96-'98 foglights.

The images of the aftermarket, OE replica lights on PWJDM I believe are all DEPO, but a member on ClubCivic.com says his are Esuse and he bought from PWJDM. So if you plan to buy from them I'd recommend calling and inquiring about the brand of the lghts first. VertexRacing.com also sells Esuse.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay, so you have an ek...

imo the 99-00 fogs look better, cause i think they are integrated into the bumper better.

get a set of fogs from ebay, look for the cheapest ones...

they are all made in china or tiawan, and all come with the same wiring harness.

what i meant was that if you were getting fogs for a functional purpose... then a good set of ion yellow piaa bulbs will make your halogen fogs more functional.

an hid retro fit is the best of both worlds, function and form, not only do they look amazing when they are on, but they provide the best light output.

If you do plan on running some "hotter" bulbs, then "beefing" up the fog light wiring is a must.

to "beef" up the fog light wiring, your going to need 16-14ga wiring, an Water Resistant ATC automotive fuse holder, automotive relay, solder, soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, and a heat gun.

Read this: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938 to learn how to do correct wire connections

Read this: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1812043 to see how the fog lights are actually wired up.

the only section you have to beef up is the section in the engine bay.

Connect the power wire from the supplied harness to the coil of your new relay, then ground the relay's coil.

Then run a fused power line from the battery to the relay's N/O terminal; and run the power wires to the foglights to the relay's common terminal.

This little addition will help in preventing your "Depo" or "oem" wiring harness from melting from electrical stress.</TD></TR></TABLE>

very helpful!

and thank everyone else to!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:10 AM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since were on the topic of fog lights. I have the ebay eg fog lights on my hatch. I went to the junkyard this past weekend and grabbed some mazda millena fog lights. They have a projector type fog light in them. I was wondering if my lightout or possibly clearence of the light would be increased if I put that projector into my existing eg housing?
Hopefully someone has already done this............
Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (bpr0422)

Good info!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: password jdm fogs? (blanka98)

Where do you buy Depo fogs? I would like to look at them. Also, don't buy fogs off of ebay. They do not fit at all!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (DoctorVtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DoctorVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where do you buy Depo fogs? I would like to look at them. Also, don't buy fogs off of ebay. They do not fit at all!</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1

and i got my real deal oem fogs on ebay, and they fit fine
Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well im guessing your looking for fogs for a 99-00 correct? if so get the oem's...they run for $140 and quality is alot better. I have the 99-00 depo fogs and i've had to rewire, buy new parts, and buy existing new parts just to make it work...spend the extra $40 bucks for oem's...trust me...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (2coupes)

u can get them cheeper at jdmshit.com
Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (project 98ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project 98ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u can get them cheeper at jdmshit.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

Where I got mine..
Old 01-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: password jdm fogs? (JamesAndTheGaintBox)

yeah o got my fogs from pswjdm
and the light out put is great but the fitment on the bezels suck one of my bezels ended up falling off on the road and i had them in with the screw and some hot glue
so does anyone know where i can get a bezel from
Old 01-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project 98ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u can get the knockoffs cheeper at jdmshit.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

fixed
Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project 98ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u can get the knockoffs cheAper at jdmshit.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

fixed again