Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NO CEL NO VTEC WOULD COULD IT BE

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO CEL NO VTEC WOULD COULD IT BE

As the title say would could the possiblity of this?

b16 block gsr head

thanks in advance

Old 01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

low oil?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 PM

Default Re: (924doorEG)

noop got oil lol...

Next
Old 01-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what model car ecu are you running
Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 PM

Default Re: (serio_ENDLESS)

chipped P72 I believe..

OBD1 b16 block GSR head

Edit: Im not radom 16yr noob running a po6 on Z6 and asking why i dont have vtec.
I know what controls it and how it works but I went over everything that i could think of with now luck. An anything electrical should throw a cel. This is why I made the post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:27 AM

Default Re: (wicked_b16eg)

bump

workin on the car right now
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol too cold outside? is everything intact on your sylinoid? no wires loose or anything?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stuck LMA's possibly??? like you said pretty much everything else will throw a code. how is your ECT (the one for the ECU, not the gauge) if its telling the ECU that the car isnt warm yet you wont get vtec either. how about VSS (will throw a code though).

just throwing out some fresh ideas for you.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Re: (schardbody)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stuck LMA's possibly??? like you said pretty much everything else will throw a code. how is your ECT (the one for the ECU, not the gauge) if its telling the ECU that the car isnt warm yet you wont get vtec either. how about VSS (will throw a code though).

just throwing out some fresh ideas for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love the fresh answers part. So far I went up and down the entire harness and my little vtec harness. the started life as a cx and I made my own little harness for the vtec, But the ECU part is actually pinned. But I went threw the harness with no luck, checked the oil and its right at the second dot (good). The plug on the harness that goes to the pressure switch broke. So all I have is the two wires with no plug lol. They are just pinned into the plug (little crimps) but they make good contact. Well i thought that I might have the plugs backward so I got out whike the car was running and flipped the around. When I got back in the car I noticed that I had a CEL on... This means the ecu is reading the pressure switch and that the pressure switch is still good. When I did this and ran the car in 1st it hit vtec. Went home shut the car off all happy.. went back out hr later and it didnt work, I drove the car for about a 10min drive and it still didnt work.

You say the temp might be the problem of why the vtec wont hit.. My temo gauge doesnt work lol so I dont know when the car is actually warm. This is what I;m going to do.. I'm going to let the car run in the drive way for a little bit and then go try again. If this doesnt work then I dont know.

All I wanted was to take off my vafc, Everything worked fine before I un hooked it but now its all messed up. If this doesnt work i think im going to try to hook up only the vtec part of the vafc.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

temp gauge not working why???

if the ecu doesnt go into closed loop vtec wont engage.

also, with the vafc did you use a pnp harness or splice??? if you spliced i would recheck all the spliced wires are reconnected properly and covered.

you got vtec once, so my guess would be wiring. check continuity through your harness to the ecu, and if all else fails, hook a light up to your ecu from the vtec leads (to make sure ecu is commanding vtec) this will rule out the ECT sensor.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">temp gauge not working why???

if the ecu doesnt go into closed loop vtec wont engage.

also, with the vafc did you use a pnp harness or splice??? if you spliced i would recheck all the spliced wires are reconnected properly and covered.

you got vtec once, so my guess would be wiring. check continuity through your harness to the ecu, and if all else fails, hook a light up to your ecu from the vtec leads (to make sure ecu is commanding vtec) this will rule out the ECT sensor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really apreciate you staying on and helping me threw this. With this said.

The temp gauge in doesnt work because on the cluster, nothing to do with the car. I have the ar running right now, I'm going to let it run till I think It is completely warmed up and then go try again.

I have a light coming off the solenoid already But i think I will move it to right off the ecu to comfirm there is no signal coming from the ecu.

I plice into the harness using the c clips that were provided with the kit. I reattached them all and (thought) I fixed any of the wires the were damaged in the removle. It did hit vtec after about 10-20 min of testing but then after it hit twice I shut the car off for about and hr then went back out again to only result as in the begining with no vtec.

idk what to think and i really apreciate your help with this. I'm going out to test now and will repost my results in a few mins
Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem with the help. i know sometimes after looking for a problem so long you start to lose track of the basics that are "usually" causing the problem.

im sure you will get it.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Well,

You were right.. I let the car warm up and went out, And well there it was lol.
seems to feel better threw the whole rpm range then with vafc. Only thing thats got me is the fact the my exhaust seems to be darker then before when vtec hits lol. Thats how it goes though right? Fix one problem and find another lol.

just feels nice to get the full potential of my motor back.
Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eh, its not unusual to see a rich mixture in vtec.

tune would help alot probably.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

see, what did i say? it was too cold = no vtec lol
Old 01-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (924doorEG)

ok guys,

As you all know I posted earlier saying that is came back and everything was fine right?

Well same thing happened as before lol. I let it sit for a while then had to run to one of our friends shop to pick up a heat gun. Well this trip is about 20min on the way home I thought I would give it a little gas nad guess what... NO VTEC! ugh this thing is really starting to erk me. Were going to replace all the wires from the ecu to the vtec solinode.

I know the thing before was it was to cold, but as now it has to be some thing else. Any other Ideas?