Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best?

I have a 95 ex coupe with current "euro glowing" while backgrounds that are broke and have never liked them since I bought the car. I saw a GSR cluster in a car some where and it looked good but I didn't catch if it is a direct fit and if the redlines are the same (doesn't really matter I guess I generally don't go above 6300 bc peak power drops off). Is there a good place to pick one up or do i have to go shopping on Ebay? Also it is is a direct fit how do I get over the odometer matching up to the miles on my car? Tamper with the new one?

thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 AM

Default Re: new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best? (josh's civic)

The gsr will not fit into your car with out modifications. Just grab a jdm eg cluster, they are direct bolt in. they have amber bulbs and have white/silver gauge faces. As far as rolling back your miles, don't do it bc it is a federal crime to do so. If you get busted you could go to federal pound you in the *** prison. You choose.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

true story. you could try password:jdm, icb motorsport, or jhpusa.com and compare prices if you don't want 2 try ebay
Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deity4Life)

look on hmotorsonline.com too. i bought my ctr cluster through them, they're a pleasure to deal with and generally have good prices in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best? (josh's civic)

I have a jdm eg6 cluster if you want to buy it? pm me with an offer
Old 10-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best? (MurdersV8s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MurdersV8s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as rolling back your miles, don't do it bc it is a federal crime to do so. If you get busted you could go to federal pound you in the *** prison. You choose. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a federal crime to intentionally display a millage that is not correct. Changing the odometer reading on your new gauges to match the actual milage is perfectly legal.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best? (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's a federal crime to intentionally display a millage that is not correct. Changing the odometer reading on your new gauges to match the actual milage is perfectly legal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can i see some proof? i call shens, but i kinda hope this is true
Old 10-05-2006, 10:19 AM

Default Re: new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best? (Vero)

So whats the deal with my title that has mileage discrepancy all over it? Are you saying that I can change it to what my chassis has on it?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new gauge cluster? SI, GSR, were do I buy and what will look the best? (wudini)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wudini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can i see some proof? i call shens, but i kinda hope this is true</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Motor Vehicle Cost Information Act, 49 U.S.C. Section 32704 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1. (It shall be unlawful for a person) "with intent to defraud, operate a motor vehicle on a street, road, or highway if the person knows that the odometer of the vehicle is disconnected or not operating; or

2. The owner of the vehicle or agent of the owner shall attach a written notice to the left door frame of the vehicle specifying the mileage before the service, repair, or replacement and the date of the service, repair, or replacement.

3. A person transferring ownership of a motor vehicle shall give the transferree the following written disclosure

A) Disclosure of the cumulative mileage registered on the odometer,

B) Disclosure that the actual mileage is unknown if the transferror knows that the odometer reading is different from different from the number of miles the vehicle has actually traveled.

(b) Mileage Statement Requirement for Licensing. - (1) A motor vehicle the ownership of which is transferred may not be licensed for use in a State unless the transferee, in submitting an application to a State for the title on which the license will be issued, includes with the application the transferor's title and, if that title contains the space referred to in paragraph (3)(A)(iii) of this subsection, a statement, signed and dated by the transferor, of the mileage disclosure required under subsection (a) of this section
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It really says nothing about changing the milage; but, it puts you in a much better position when selling a car if the odometer matches the actual milage on the car/motor.

*this does not work the same with a swapped motor, the DOT does not care about that. They want chasis milage*