Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need some specifics on a nitrous build

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some specifics on a nitrous build

Ok I just bought a 95 civic ex with a d16z6, everything is bone stock. My friend is spraying 75 wet, on an almost stock setup intake and exhaust with stock headers. Im looking to Spray 100 to 125 direct port, and want to upgrade the cam to get more tourqe when not spraying; and the pistons and rods to handle the shot safely. What kind of pistons are reccomended from you guys, compression ratios, brands, types, whatever you guys can help me with will be greatly apreciated.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need some specifics on a nitrous build (I_eat_Rice)

Vitara pistons, tuner toys rods. it will be low compression, but it will be safe to spray a big shot on.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some specifics on a nitrous build (thehatchninja)

low comp pistons. dedicated fuel pump. stronger rods. block gaurd or sleeves, depending on budget. pistons have to be made for nitrous application ( lower compression ring lands and a better seal)

good luck with your build
Old 09-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some specifics on a nitrous build (lthao61)

Just curious as to why everyone keeps saying low compression?!?

This isn't a turbo setup. Higher compression LOVES nitrous. Threre'd be no point in taking compression out and spraying, as the shot would be making up for a power deficiency caused by the lower compression. Compression has little effect with whether a motor will withstand nitrous or not. My suggestion: Tuner toys rods, some good forged (MUST MUST MUST be forged, do not skimp here!) pistons, some kind of tuning device (whether it be Hondata/whatever or a MSD timing retard, whatever you need to pull a few degrees of timing out when the bottle opens), and beat the dog **** out of it. Have fun, nitrous is a gas!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Need some specifics on a nitrous build (Speed Kills)

yes im with speedkill on that one. I would rather build a higher compression build to get more tourque when not spraying, and im looking into getting a basic hondata system in the future, a walbro 255lph fuel pump, possibly 440cc injectors, or a ford #30 injectors, and an aem fuel rail and fpr. I was looking at tuner toys hbeam forged rods, built to 600 hp just because they are surplus from $140.00. but i was not sure about the pistons i was looking at some sort of very cost efficient forged piston possibly 10.5 : 1. But what i really need help with is a cam reccomendation, friendly with a max of a 125 shot of spray and gives more tourqe and power. Thanks alot for the help so far
Old 09-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI.....i didn't suggest that lower compression would be better for nitrous. I was suggesting Vitara pistons because they are cheap and can handle a lot of power.

If money isn't an issue get some JE 11:1 pistons and some nice forged rods. Basically an all motor build, but with stronger components.....MAYBE a block guard, as long as it's installed correctly....i wouldn't even mess with it personally.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thehatchninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Vitara pistons, tuner toys rods. it will be low compression, but it will be safe to spray a big shot on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

most people dont know **** about nitrous so they just think u should build it like a turbo setup
Old 09-21-2006, 09:20 AM

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

the block guard isnt going to help anything with the nitrous something will fail before a sleeve fails on a nitrous build it wont crack the sleeve it will burn a ring or something along those lines first because nitrous is more heat then adding compression........