Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help! Integra brake swap gone wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help! Integra brake swap gone wrong!

Here's the deal... I have a 1994 Civic Hatchback with JDM B16a. I bought the DC2 front knuckle set up (I'm sure they are, because I bought rotors and pads, for it, and they fit.) I am currently using 1993 Integra LS axles, non-abs. My problem is that when I went to put in the Integra front knuckle's, it doesn't go in to the axle. I played around with them a little, put some grease, hit it with a hammer, and nothing... I looked at the hub, too see the splines, and they were in tact, a little rust, but nothing else. It seemed like it was smaller... I don't know what to do, because I have spent so much buying the knuckles, and parts, and my friend suggested buying new hub and bearings for the 1994 Civic, and putting them into the Integra knuckles. But I'm not sure if they would fit. I need help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help! Integra brake swap gone wrong! (nefariousyellow)

Bump for help! Am I not pushing hard enough... The Civic knuckle goes in with ease...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone? I need help!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your b16a is obd1 with hydro tranny irght ?
how can u run da integra axle on b16a swap into eg chassis and expect it to fit into dc integra knuckle? or , what kind of intermediate shaft are u running ?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help! Integra brake swap gone wrong! (crazyguy)

No, it's not an OBD 1, it's OBD 0. And I am not sure what intermediate shaft I have. Just that I replaced the axles with 93 LS one's
Old 03-11-2008, 11:42 AM

ok . u are running obd0 b16a with cable tranny. and using da axles and intermediate shaft which is the right setup. and maybe thats the reason why dc brake setup wont work on your car.
i am not sure the length of dc and da cv axles and intermediate shaft ,but i do know both da cv axles have male ends but dc cv axle on the driver side is female and male end. i think u need to get da integra front brake setup
Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok . u are running obd0 b16a with cable tranny. and using da axles and intermediate shaft which is the right setup. and maybe thats the reason why dc brake setup wont work on your car.
i am not sure the length of dc and da cv axles and intermediate shaft ,but i do know both da cv axles have male ends but dc cv axle on the driver side is female and male end. i think u need to get da integra front brake setup</TD></TR></TABLE>

That doesn't make sense. His 94 civic knuckle goes in with ease. The 94 civic is splined just the same as any 92-00 civic or 94-01 integra (except the JDM ITR). So if his 94 civic hub fits around the axle, his DC setup should fit as well.

OP: You should be using the 94-01 integra or 99-00 civic Si or Del sol VTEC axles, I'm pretty sure there's a design difference between the DA and DC/EG/EK axle.

Anyway. You probably have a shitload of rust in your DC setup. Clean them with a wire brush or a battery terminal cleaner. It's a wire brush that fits into holes and cleans them 360 degrees at once.

The axle should just slide right in. You can also attach the lower or upper ball joint...whichever. Then since you'll have a swing on the trailing arm, shove the trailing arm at the axle once you get it started in the hole a little bit. DO NOT PULL. Just shove. DONT LET IT PULL THE AXLE APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO THIS WITH CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, ok. Would the DA front brakes be an improvement over the stock civic ones? I have some laying around. But was told that they dont fit on civics.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Need Help! Integra brake swap gone wrong! (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OP: You should be using the 94-01 integra or 99-00 civic Si or Del sol VTEC axles, I'm pretty sure there's a design difference between the DA and DC/EG/EK axle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what i meant too,but obd0 b16a has different intermediate shaft than obd1 and dc integra. dc axles wont bolt on to da intermediate shaft

first pic is da integra half axle and second pic is dc integra half axle

Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nefariousyellow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, ok. Would the DA front brakes be an improvement over the stock civic ones? I have some laying around. But was told that they dont fit on civics.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use the DC brakes. DAs have different suspension geometry. The DC brakes you bought HAVE to work if the 94 civic stock brakes work.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help! Integra brake swap gone wrong! (B serious)

OK. I will get the wire brush tommorow and clean them, and retry.