Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 08:09 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (UPDATED READ)

For all you fellow civic lovers

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=399062

[Modified by lshatchturbo, 8:29 PM 1/28/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (lshatchturbo)

glad that everything worked out. i am about to do the same swap into a 96 ek so i was wondering if you didn't mind giving me some of that research that you aquired. i mean i have been doing my own but it doesn't hurt to have more. nice post btw. a lot of h22civics owners don't be speaking about the little things like handling and stuff. let me know how it works out if you feel a difference @ the 1k mark. btw what kind of suspension pckg did you install? was it custom or expensive jdm stuff like tein? i would like to know just cause everyone talks about the teg and accord parts needed but if yours is different let me know before i go and invest. thanks a lot if you can help me out.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:33 AM
New User

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (vajapanties)

I am in the process of tranposing all my notes to word document so it can be distributed. I def send it to you when its done. I listed the suspenions set up above under the car stat section. You can check it out there. Nothing extravagent, were poor grad students.

We heard so much **** about axle combinations, we didnt know what to think. Like some people say use integra outers, prelude 5 speed intermiate shaft, and all sorts of ****. So in the end we just told HCP to make the damn axles for us to make sure they fit perfect. They were like 150 a piece or something like that.

Also, like this is a obd-1 motor, so it doesnt require the use of a external coil. Also, I read everywhere we needed to use the resistor pack, in the end we didnt use it and it works fine so whatever. You def need the slim line fans. Were also using the A/C mount as well, fits like a charm. When I send you the notes it has all sorts of good stuff in there.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:26 AM

aight!! thanks

so how you think is gonna do inthe dyno? any idea? i say 186 what you think does it feel more than that?
Old 01-28-2003, 09:33 AM
New User

Man 186hp at the wheels would be awesome!! Honestly though, there no way its going to put that down in stock form unless there is divine intervention. Might be able to put some more power out with cam gear, ignition tuning, but realistically, were hoping for the 170whp range. Seems from my research that good h22a's put down that much power.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:59 AM

i say be optimistic! and yes i was being generous!!
but i"ve spoken to others and some got that 170whp with the complete engine being stock. maybe it was a lie 'cause i haven't seen it myself.
are you guys gonna boost?

i am palnning on when i get mines i was thinking about p/p the head and maybe re-doing the internals 'cause as i am sure you know it would be a bitch to 4 months down the line realize that you want to do that and have to drop that motor again. so thats why i figured you guys would be going boost later.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:19 AM

which h22 was it ? a usdm or was it the 220 hp type s?
Old 01-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (viCeVerSa)

i put down 176HP only running i/h/e and msd coil on a 98 usdm H22. the JDM with 10.6:1 CR should hit 180HP without much trouble.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (viCeVerSa)

Nice review man! Now get some vids up of the car in action...
Old 01-28-2003, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (xJDM88EF9x)

Yea Def wanna see some videos of that sounds like quiet the beast!
Old 01-28-2003, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (HybridEK97)

Trickeng, what header/intake/ecu were you using to make those numbers? Was that tuned at all?

Those are pretty good numbers. I'm praying to make mid 170's with bolt ons untuned. I'm still deciding on what header to get though.

lshatchturbo, the swap looks really good. Hope your friend likes his swap. It's a real torque monster. Does he have any vibration at all? Like under acceleration or just in general?
Old 01-28-2003, 01:06 PM
New User

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (trickeng)

i put down 176HP only running i/h/e and msd coil on a 98 usdm H22. the JDM with 10.6:1 CR should hit 180HP without much trouble.
Damn those are some awesome numbers. The engine is JDM but not Type-S.

There is some vibration, but nothing crucial like under acceleration or anything. But laugHin22CX, yours is in EG, might be something physical dif. So not sure. Did you drop the motor in from the top??

We are all over the vids. He made a camera mount today, similiar tot he one on hybrid.honda.org.

I love torque and this car has alot of it. I just cant believe the pick up from a roll its just uncanny.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:21 PM

Well we dropped the motor in from the top, lowering it below the car, rotated it and then brought it back up.

My rear mount bushing is torn (replacing it soon) and I am using custom axles, so that's where my vibrations are probably from. Once these axles go I am planning on running the accord halfshaft/ teg axle combo.

I can't wait to see those vids.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:23 PM
New User

Default Re: Got the h22 in the EK....lshatchturbo's Review (laugHin22CX)

holy shiet laugHin22CX, you wont believe this shiet. The swaps been in for a while for I havent got to notice some thing cause I dont drive the car everyday... Anyways I was asking my freind if he has been feeling any vibrations. And he said yes. So I go back over there and we go for a test ride see whats up. Low and behold I feel the vibrations under acceleration and and slowing down. So i went ahead and jacked the car up, and the freaking CV axle is falling apart LOL. I cant believe this. We have had these axles in for a month at most

The story gets even better.... so we called up HCP and told them what happened. We been talking to this guy Jeremy up at HCP the last couple weeks asking about the swap and stuff like that. Anyways we ask for him and tell him whats up, and starts giving us attitude (obviously after we buy the parts) and saying like we didnt install the axles right blah blah blah, and he cant help us out with out the axles. At this point, this is pissing us off the type attitude we were getting and the whole time getting patronized was not cool. So he gives the phone to the manager and the manager is every WORSE THAN THIS ***. This guy is suppose to be a proffesional, and is using harsh language with us, even though we have not said a single curse word.

He ends up hanging up on us and we call back and hes like cursing at us saying thats there nothing than can do. All and all the fact that there POS "CUSTOM" axles broke and now my friend has to replace it is one thing, but giving the type of un-proffesional attitude and using harsh language..to me thats just childish.

H22 swap hell yea !!

Using HCP

Get place racing or hasport ...atleast they will help you even at post purchase.