Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

should I?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I?

I've got a friend who is selling a Civic 94 i think, 4 door with an h22 swap and was thinking about buying it just to part out because I think people might want some of hte stuff thats on it and to make a little money. So, i told him my idea and he was like please take it off my hands, I dont care what you do with it.

The body is not in the greatest of shape but everything else is pretty much in good condition. Is there any high demand for Civic H22 stuff or just H22 or 92-95 civic parts stuff in general. I'm an Accord/H22 owner so I really have no reason for any of these parts and dont know much about the civic scene. I know H series arent the most wanted motors for civics, but like the mounts and whatever else he needed for a civic/h22 swap, is it in high demand at all?

I guess in a nutshell, would anyone want a 94 Civic with professionally installed H22 motor swap with extra performance parts like Quaife LSD, i/h/e, and suspension, crazy tint job, Wings West body kit, or any parts off an 92-95 Civic 4 door with an h22 swap. It also has the gauge holder for the tach and (3) 2 5/8" gauges that go in front of the a/c vents and a Greddy Exhaust. If anyone has any opinions on what i should or shouldnt do, please let me know.

Forgive me if I sound like an idiot, but like i said, i dont know much about the Civic scene. If you have any questions, feel free to email or post or PM me, dont flame cuz i dont know. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:35 PM

if it looks good from far away then i would problaly buy it.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (allricedout)

Might have a hard time trying to sell the motor locally, unless your willing to ship. Then, more than likely all parts will be sold. It just takes time.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: (bpkmrtoes)

post up some pics so we can see if its worth it or not,youre probably better off selling the parts i think
Old 01-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (Felliph3)

if hes got hassport mounts ill take em what kind of axles are on it?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: (vipervenom6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vipervenom6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if hes got hassport mounts ill take em what kind of axles are on it?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I do NOT think they are hasport. And I am not sure what kind of axles they are. I know he had to order some crazy ****, like stage 3 something or another, because he kept breaking others that he had I know he has not had any problems since he ordered the ones that are on the car now. I would have to ask him what they are.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpkmrtoes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Might have a hard time trying to sell the motor locally, unless your willing to ship. Then, more than likely all parts will be sold. It just takes time.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I would actually rather drive a few hours than ship, but would ship if absolute need be. But yes, I do see what your saying.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allricedout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it looks good from far away then i would problaly buy it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It actually doesn't look THAT bad. It would just need a small amount of body work and a nice fresh paint job. Let me know if you are seriously interested. He said if i could find someone to buy it to help him sell it.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it has like mount kits for H22 into eg and axle kits for h22 into EG instead of just welding/fab/weird *** axles/pulling it back to as close to the firewall as you can, etc. then I'd say DEFINITELY do it - you can sell all that ****, the motor's not in high demand, but somebody'll buy it. I was thinking of doing an h22 swap but decided against it (for now).

People are always looking for **** for 5th gen civics, so many people have 'em.

Do it, make a quick buck.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

thank you all for your responses. any other opinions or questions if the car has something you would like would be greatly appreciated.