Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

FUCKING TRANNY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ******* TRANNY!!!!!

HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR MOST SENCERE HELP!!! I was just on the highway on my way to work. And when i shifted into 3rd the **** got stuck in 3rd. It wouldnt come out, i pressed the cluthc all the way down. And nothing finally after pumping the gas a couple of times and slowing down to like 35 Mph, the **** came back out, but it wouldnt go back into 3rd. after some time, the tranny was fine i was able to shift into 3rd and everything.

I am definately gettin a new clutch this weekend, i thinks that may be it because every since i let this kid drive it, my **** has never been the same. Do any of you think it may be the actually synchros that are gone or wut.

Please has anyone here ever had this issue. I'd like to know if i should be looking deeper than just the clutch.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: ******* TRANNY!!!!! (treplatano)

Sounds to me like the clutch wasent disengaging all the way and that wasent letting you shift out of third. I know sometimes at top speed my clutch dosnet fully disengage but the clutch is fine I just try shift near red line sometimes
Old 08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ******* TRANNY!!!!! (nocturnaldragon)

thanks man, i appreciate your imput.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 AM

swear words in title? Who didn't read the rules?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ******* TRANNY!!!!! (nocturnaldragon)

have you checked all the hydralic compenents yet? I would start there. no since ripping the clutch out to find the clutch master punked out. has it happened again since?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default TRANNY!!!!! (jameskersten1)

sorry about the curse words i guess i didnt read the rules. My apologies, but no it hasnt happened again, or before, ill see wut i can do about the clutch master....but i am still gonna go with a new wheel, i was going to do it next month but i guess i have to push it.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TRANNY!!!!! (treplatano)

I havent really checked anything, i just go to work.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ******* TRANNY!!!!! (treplatano)

Bleed your clutch. If anything "fishy" happens, go from there.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ******* TRANNY!!!!! (parasonic)

You can take your car out of gear without using the clutch. Check your shift linkage. As for it being an internal problem the only things I can think of are shift forks, synchro sleeves and shift detents.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TRANNY!!!!! (parasonic)

hey man, i looked at my motor, which one is where the clutch fluid is? i wanna bleed it. its right next to another one i dont know which is which. thanks
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 AM

The clutch master cylinder will be lower and smaller than the brake master cylinder and will have less lines running to it.

I don't think bleeding the clutch is going to solve anything. If there was a problem with the clutch you would notice it in all gears, not just third.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TRANNY!!!!! (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If there was a problem with the clutch you would notice it in all gears, not just third.</TD></TR></TABLE>

would you think its the tranny itself, like synchros and stuff?
Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you know, im just gonna pop the tranny open this weekend, ill find out better that way i guess, i have swapped clutches on b18 before so its really not that complicated, i guess i have to take it easy on the tranny till then, ill let you guys know how it went
Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by treplatano &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

would you think its the tranny itself, like synchros and stuff?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said before, if it is stuck in thrid the only things I could think of are shift linkage, shift forks, synchro sleeve, or shift detents.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by treplatano &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know, im just gonna pop the tranny open this weekend, ill find out better that way i guess, i have swapped clutches on b18 before so its really not that complicated, i guess i have to take it easy on the tranny till then, ill let you guys know how it went</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any idea as to how that transmission operates? Have you ever done trans work besides a clutch? If you have never had a trans open before and do not know what bad parts look like you will be stuck for hours trying to figure it out, and you might not ever figure out what the problem is.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a honda mechanic working on this with me, he does swaps, tranny work, and everything, i have him for backup, i wouldnt "pop" it open like that on my own. this guys has been on hondas sine 1979, he knows wut to do. thanks though
Old 08-24-2005, 09:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by treplatano &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a honda mechanic working on this with me, he does swaps, tranny work, and everything, i have him for backup, i wouldnt "pop" it open like that on my own. this guys has been on hondas sine 1979, he knows wut to do. thanks though</TD></TR></TABLE>

If this so called mechanic is so good then why couldn't he tell you what was wrong with your tranny? Why did you have to come onto HT and ask us?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If this so called mechanic is so good then why couldn't he tell you what was wrong with your tranny? Why did you have to come onto HT and ask us? </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe because he just wanted to get our input in his problem... and is it so horrible that he came and asked u what could be his problem. what if another person like treplatano has the same problem but doesnt have a mechanic or friend to ask about his problem? if anything it would be better if the problem was addressed on HT whether he had the answer or not.. because someone will eventually need to look back on this to see how to solve it
Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: TRANNY!!!!! (fizeks)

I've had a few friends who got trannies stuck in a gear.

We never figured out the problem, just swapped trannies.

I'd say that something either bent inside the tranny or something broke and won't let the levers inside the tranny move.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TRANNY!!!!! (mike1114)

When is the last time you changed your transmission fluid? This used to happen to me in 5th gear once in a while, and changing the fluid helped.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey man thanks for standing up. i love this forum and anything i have to say about honda whether its a problem or just a question i put it here, this is a site for people to become educated on, i learned alot of stuff just in here, i know a few things here and there with hondas, mostly from not being afraid to pull a few bolts but, at times i do need advice i do not know everything, as for why didnt i call my mechanic, i did, he gave me his imput, but then again, it could anything, but thanks anyway, sorry if i wasted anyones time.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TRANNY!!!!! (egghead221)

never i had in mind to change it, but i never got around to it
Old 08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

swapped the clutch kit. adjusted the tightened up the bushings. **** drives like crazy. I gained so much more torque and power from this, well i also got a new timing belt and a new waterpump. good ****!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How would you gain torque and power from changing your clutch???
Old 09-01-2005, 07:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fizeks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe because he just wanted to get our input in his problem... and is it so horrible that he came and asked u what could be his problem. what if another person like treplatano has the same problem but doesnt have a mechanic or friend to ask about his problem? if anything it would be better if the problem was addressed on HT whether he had the answer or not.. because someone will eventually need to look back on this to see how to solve it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the reason Honda Tech is becoming worthless. People like you have to turn everything into a pissing contest. You have not a clue what his problem is but you absolutely have to post something so you do this. **** off, I was asking him why he came and asked us. It is a simple question not a start of an arguement.

I swear to ******* god, I try to help people on here so much and look what happens, some noob ricer 05 member who wants to be a bad *** bitches. Mind your own ******* business.