Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Foglight connection issues..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foglight connection issues..

So my foglights are for the most part connected the red wire is hooked up to the battery and I led it to the inside of the car.. the previous owner just gave me the harness thats for the inside. He told me I couldn't connect the yellow wire to the "ACC" cause it's too powerful. And that I need to put the fuse on. So if the acc is too powerful for the yellow wire how can I hook it up to my parking lights and where do I install the fuse. Any answers would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Foglight connection issues..

You should always have a fuse for anything you hook up non-standard or standard to the car. Usually the the cheapie kits have a location off the fuse panel to drive the relay. which is tied to the switch inside the car.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah mine doesn't have that smh I'll check it out again
Old 12-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyhow, if to translate what the Prev Owner said, the ACCESSORY is fused at a much higher amperage than the flimsy wires of the control harness and would probably burn it up without an additional fuse. Both the OEM and cheapie harnesses tie to the fuse block optional accessory position as well as have some sort of connection to the lights on. recommend determing which one you have or tracing out the wires to confirm your situation.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He said he connected it to the acc and it burned the fuse up pretty bad.. So in order for them to work i'd have to connect it to the fuse block?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is using an aftermarket harness. Search for the fuse box diagram on here (I believe NOFX did a wonderful one) and look for option connector that has reference to "Lights on hot" This will be one side and will need to have a fuse hanging off it to your switch. The switch will also have a ground wire. Depending on the kit, you will also have an illumination wire or it might be tied to the original wire you get your switch feed from. From the switch, it will run to a relay under your hood or in the foot well. The relay is designed to bring hte lights on or off. Always use a fuse. And if you dont understand electrical wiring, find a friend who does, ply them with beer, pizza and women to get them to help you.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by angrysmileyface
This is using an aftermarket harness. Search for the fuse box diagram on here (I believe NOFX did a wonderful one) and look for option connector that has reference to "Lights on hot" This will be one side and will need to have a fuse hanging off it to your switch. The switch will also have a ground wire. Depending on the kit, you will also have an illumination wire or it might be tied to the original wire you get your switch feed from. From the switch, it will run to a relay under your hood or in the foot well. The relay is designed to bring hte lights on or off. Always use a fuse. And if you dont understand electrical wiring, find a friend who does, ply them with beer, pizza and women to get them to help you.
hahaha okay thanks man much appreciated!