Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Radio code write-up

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Radio code write-up

How's it going honda-tech? Its been a while since I've been on here but I'm back to give you guys a write-up on retrieving the radio serial # in case your radio goes into "code" mode. THIS GUIDE IS FOR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS ONLY. IF YOU HAVE A MANUAL THEN YOULL HAVE TO REMOVE THE SHIFT **** BEFORE BEGINNING.

Things you'll need:
Phillips head screwdriver
Flat head screwdriver
11mm socket and wrench
Self control haha

First of all I apologize for not having any picture to go along with it. Was too determined to get the project done to stop and take any this time around.

OK first off, locate the 6 Phillips head screws on the sides of the middle console and remove them. There is a seventh screw inside the cup holder area so don't forget it.
The first section to remove is the back cup holder/ashtray section. Just lift on the back and disconnect it from the front section. There is an ecetrical clip for the a/c power port that needs to be disconnected and then unattached from the chassis via a red slide clip.

At this point I found it easiest to unbolt the E-brake from the chassis (just 2 11 MM bolts) or else it makes it extremely hard to remove the second middle console section . With it unbolted you can still engage the brake which you will need to do.

Before you progress put the vehicle in neutral. If you don't it becomes impossible to remove this section from the vehicle. The entire middle console lifts up nice and simple except for the very top closest to the climate controls. There are 2 clips here you'll have to push with a flat head screw driver. After that you can completely remove it and Have acsess to the radio screws(don't forget to put the car back into park).
Next is to retrieve the serial number from the bottom of the radio. 4 screws located at the 4 corners of the front of the radio and 2 located on the sides of the radio housing allow you to pull the radio out far enough to read(and write down!) the number.

Now just follow the steps backwards to get everything back together and call your local dellership to get the radio code!

Once the code is given to you just turn the ignition on, enter the code and you have your radio back. I hope this write-up helps some people having trouble dealing with this problem. I know I could have used this info when tackling this B.S. haha.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:37 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol Radio code write-up

No pics, no care.