Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del Sol center consol removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del Sol center console removal

How do I remove the center console in a del Sol to install a new shift boot? I am clueless, I took out a couple screws, but I think it is clipped on somewhere. Anyways, can anyone tell me how to remove it? I really, really need to install this shift boot.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:51 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: del Sol center console removal (explosive)

to take off the part with the shift boot you have to first remove the part with the compartment and cupholders. there are screws on the sides of the panel and just unscrew them with a phillips and i believe it will pop off. remember, you have to remove the rear piece first of the center console.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:55 AM

Hmm...how many screws on the compartment part? I remove two of those.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: del Sol center console removal (AzntaggeR)

you dont have to remove the little personal storage things behind the seat. but y ea, 4 screws gets the consol out with the ebrake, unplug the cigarette lighter and all that jazz, two more screws by your knees (on either side of radio) then you pull the two bottom corners outward and up past the dash. honda service manual recommends you put protective tape so you dont 'damage' the dash but thats only a recomendation. the shift boot is held in by two scres i believe (i dont take my consols out too often..... or more like put them back) unscrew shift **** first
Old 11-03-2003, 12:03 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: del Sol center console removal (phantom_sol)

yea, i meant you take off the rear part of the center console first. not the rear compartments behind the seat.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:15 PM

OK...I took off the 4 screws...and I pull on the rear part of the console and it still seems to be attached to the center console for some reason. So what am I doing wrong? Do I have to remove the actual e-brake handle?
Old 11-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right where the center console is seperated from the climate control (basically the top of the center console, you are trying to remove), there are two clips underneath the panel, just pull the center console straight out forward, the clips should pop right off...
Old 11-03-2003, 12:32 PM

There are no clips... What you are forgetting is the screw that is on the inside of the empty space there is right under the cup holders... In the storage compartment right there under the cup holders there is a screw that holds it down in place, dont force it until you got it off. There is no need to remove the back compartments, all other screws are visible and easy... If you want to remove the assembly with the radio door in it, then you have to hold it at the corners and pull outwards and backwards at the same time...
Goodluck...
Old 11-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del Sol center console removal (AdamQ3B85)

you must be missing your metal clips, they are located underneath the top of the center console (stereo side). <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AdamQ3B85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are no clips...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-03-2003, 01:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AdamQ3B85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are no clips... What you are forgetting is the screw that is on the inside of the empty space there is right under the cup holders... In the storage compartment right there under the cup holders there is a screw that holds it down in place, dont force it until you got it off. There is no need to remove the back compartments, all other screws are visible and easy... If you want to remove the assembly with the radio door in it, then you have to hold it at the corners and pull outwards and backwards at the same time...
Goodluck...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-03-2003, 01:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AdamQ3B85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are no clips... What you are forgetting is the screw that is on the inside of the empty space there is right under the cup holders... In the storage compartment right there under the cup holders there is a screw that holds it down in place, dont force it until you got it off. There is no need to remove the back compartments, all other screws are visible and easy... If you want to remove the assembly with the radio door in it, then you have to hold it at the corners and pull outwards and backwards at the same time...
Goodluck...</TD></TR></TABLE>

That right there was the whole problem. Thank you so much.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by explosive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That right there was the whole problem. Thank you so much. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Anything else let me know, i'll be glad to help if i can...
Adam