Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Custom Roof Lining

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Roof Lining

So my current roof lining has gone to crap. the guy i bought it from looks like he let the lining slip a lot and it's beyond repair.. it's been victim of some super glue spot testing it seems like... at any rate, i'm fixin to redo the whole thing myself. one thing that isn't too convenient is when i have a couple passengers... not only is there not much knee room in the back of my 99 si, but there isn't much headroom either! so what i'm thinking is just remove all that crappy linging and everything and replacing it with some truck bed lining. the black grip lining. i think it has the potential to look pretty clean and it would elimate around an inch of foam/lining. I'd like to start this project asap, but i'm gonna need some help from someone who has removed the lining before and hopefully someone who has done a custom roof job before :D
Old 07-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Custom Roof Lining (i2ydon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i2ydon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So my current roof lining has gone to crap. the guy i bought it from looks like he let the lining slip a lot and it's beyond repair.. it's been victim of some super glue spot testing it seems like... at any rate, i'm fixin to redo the whole thing myself. one thing that isn't too convenient is when i have a couple passengers... not only is there not much knee room in the back of my 99 si, but there isn't much headroom either! so what i'm thinking is just remove all that crappy linging and everything and replacing it with some truck bed lining. the black grip lining. i think it has the potential to look pretty clean and it would elimate around an inch of foam/lining. I'd like to start this project asap, but i'm gonna need some help from someone who has removed the lining before and hopefully someone who has done a custom roof job before :D</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, man I should take a picture of my lining in my EK so you stop complaining lol..., just remove it.... and warp the lining...
Old 07-15-2006, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Custom Roof Lining (i2ydon)

I wouldn't do it. Removing the lining is not going to make a lot of headroom, it will just expose the metal roof bracing so people can bang their heads on it. If you want to reupholster it, it isn't too hard to get out. Start pulling all the trim pieces loose from around the edges, they just snap on. Then I take off the sun visors and the clips they go into. The clips just turn and slide out. Then on mine there is a dome light and two little plastic clips. Pop those out and you are good to go.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Custom Roof Lining (sniggler316)

anyone know of a good DIY