Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cams for b16a

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
TRIAL USER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cams for b16a

Hi guys,

Did a search in here but was unable to find info. unless im using the wrong key word search. If there is any info. or im pretty sure that this topic has came up before, please link me to that discussion.

Anyway, I currently own a stock ek4 and im wanting to do some mild upgrades. one area that im looking at are the cams. I have a set of the type r valve springs and retainer and wondering if i get skunk 2 cams tuners 1 will i still be able to use the type r springs??

What other cams am i able to use with these springs without going to titanium springs? (im looking at aftermarket cams not the CTR or ITR cams)

Motor is stock and im looking for a bit more power up high end. Going to track it every now and then but its a daily. I dont mind if street driveability is sacificed a bit. I also have PFC, SRI, and 2inch exhaust system.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cams for b16a

Yeah r springs and retainers will work with skunk2 stg 1 cams but you would be happier with stg 2 and upgrade springs and retainers cuz they a bitch to do and why not have the best in there if you want to track your car. Stg 1 are cool but if your looking for a big difference stg 2 you will be happier or just boost it
Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cams for b16a

any entry level cam you can keep those springs.

id say at least go to stg 2 and swap out the springs. lots more fun for a lil more money.