Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

broken into

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken into

so last night on good old halloween my girlfriend and I (plus my buddy with his 00 celica) went to see saw III. when we came out there was a guy with a red 97 on cylinders who had his hood popped. when i asked him if he needed a jump he proceeded to tell me that his car was broken into. they didnt get into the actual interior but when they were under his hood they fucked with all his air lines and stripped them so he couldnt get his car off the ground to drive it home. i ran to go check mine and the first thing i noticed was that my duck bill wing (on my 93 eg) was gone. i was pissed but they didnt get under my hood (where my nice ls vtec lives).

so we go inside to ask the manager of the edwards we saw the movie at if they had cameras where we were parked in the parking garage. she was tellin us that they have them but they dont work. they havent worked for about 4 years. so that pissed us off.

so the manager calls the police to do a report, which is pointless because we'll never see our **** again. but we wait.

I had gone to the junk yard earlier that day so i had a fulls et of tools in the back and offered to let the guy with the red guy use them to fix his air lines. when i pop my hatch open i notice that not only are my tools gone but so is my cargo cover. the guys with the red civic checks his trunk (apparently the 97s have no trunk pop on the inside...so we're not sure how they got into his trunk cause there were no marks) and they messed with his amp but werent able to get it off so they just scratch the **** out of it to be dicks. at that time we also noticed his LED third brake light was taken too.

so while we're waiting for the cops a guy with his gf walks up and asks us if our cars were broken into. we told him yes and he then told us that his green 2000 coupe was also broken into. they tried to take his radio but didnt know what they were going and broke the hell out of his radio bezel and his dash.. so we all waited together and after about an hour and half the cops showed and took prints.

what i dont understand (but am very happy for) is that there were obviously in my car. my doors are shaved and on poppers so they didnt waste too much time on those (though they did break the black plastic moldings on the door by the glass). so i know they got in through the back hatch (and that they tried to get into my engine bay like the other two...but i lowered those little black rubber things so that my hood sits too low to get a screw driver under). what i dont get is that i have a LOT of JDM parts on the car.

JDM Headlights and corners
JDM Fogs
JDM Sidemarkers
JDM siR cluster
JDM clock
JDM stearing wheel
JDM audio console
Type R shift boot.
JDM climate control
JDM power folding mirrors
JDM Parking pole
JDM coin pocket

so...luckily i dont think the thieves knew what they were doing very much. also i have like a 400 dollar alpine headunit that they didnt take along with my ipod that is hooked up to it. so i got off pretty lucky with just my tools, duckbill wing and cargo cover. but still sucks.

just needed to complain to some people that understand my pain.

good old cali.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the cops took prints??? wow. most ive ever seen them do for a break in. when my car got broken into, they showed up like 4 hours after we called them and said "that sucks, you're lucky they didnt take the whole car. see you later"
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alacard)

yea i feel yah. ******* cops man. we had someone brake into my house and they wouldnt take prints. we were like "you gonna take prints" and the cop told us "nah they USUALLY wear gloves" wtf what if they didnt. dumbasses.

i mean...im glad they didnt take the whole car...but still pissed.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 AM

My SI got broken into 5 times in about 2 years out here in Wichita and the cops never once took prints.

Im glad they didn't get a whole lot from you Bro. It is terrible that people can't have nice things anymore. I ended up selling my SI because it wasn't worth the hassle.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken into (Pr0ject93hb)

u went to the edwards on mountain? **** im gonna stop going there haha sorry for ur lost but im glad u still have the rest of your car
Old 11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken into (MattsGreenEG)

haha they ******* edwars 14. lol manager told us and i quote "nothing ever happens" and later when we asked her why the cameras werent fixed she told us "cause they would steal the cameras" wtf. then something happens. and the cop that showed said he'd been workin this beat for a lil over a year and is there a few times a month.

also told us that they hit randomly. i mena i've taken my car a bunch of times and nothing. i mean...i wont go to the mills thats for sure.

where u stay at in the 909?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

about 5 mins from montclair mall use to work at AE but left cuz of 2 things

1. to many hours
2. car got broken into 4 times in one month

f**king thieves!!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken into (MattsGreenEG)

aint EG's easy to brake into, well because of the handle? i think thats the reason alotta people with those type of cars shave them off...and sorry for ur loss man that really sux for the LS tho
Old 11-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken into (thizzed_out_civic)

cali+honda's=theifs
Old 11-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cops suck, when my car was stolen in o3 i didnt find it until sept.of o4. but the fuked up part was the cops had found it a week later after it was stolen, but they didn't do anything about it because the person that stole it became a rat so long story short they put my car in a canal for close to 9 month so that there bitch wouldn't suspected to be an informant among the car thief ring which is all bullshit cause nothing happen to the people. so from now on if anything happens to my stuff i know to just take care of it my self in which ever way i feel like it.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel your pain man...I dont understand it either. My car was stolen...thieves had the entire car for about 11 days or so....they took the obvious stuff...shinfter ****...ebrake handle...cd player and speakers...but then they took stupid stuff like my air filter, but not the cold air intake part...they took my shitty spare tire...and my hatch cover....they left the engine stuff, the carbon fiber hood, the wheels....

morons.....i got a ton of money from insurance after I got the car back...and I have spent less than half of what they gave me, and the car is in better shape than it was when it got stolen. heh!

something good came out of it....
Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that bro, i live close to the montclair area and watch movies around there too. CA is seriously not a safe place mang, next time take your girls car bro. Everytime i go anywhere either to the mall, movies, just to eat out, or anywhere which i know i wont be close to my car, i dont bring it at all.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good news that they didn't take the other things that would have cost you more, but still crappy that anything was taken...and I find it odd, that the theives had the time to go through ALL of the cars but no one walked by or came out and saw them, that would make me question the theater a little more whether they had cameras or not. And it sounds like the thieves just wanted to cause some damage, you said yourself you had a lot of JDM parts, so it just sounds like vandals who wanted to snake a couple of stupid things just to **** everyone off. Bastards
Old 11-01-2006, 02:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the cops took prints??? wow. most ive ever seen them do for a break in. when my car got broken into, they showed up like 4 hours after we called them and said "that sucks, you're lucky they didnt take the whole car. see you later"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man does that ring a bell. F'n Thieves
Old 11-02-2006, 01:18 PM

i feel your pain. me and a buddy live in the same appartments but in different building. On the same night they left both our cars on blocks with busted passenger windows and no stereos. We went out that day and bought the same wheels that were stolen a put cameras plugged into our computers pointing at our cars. when the cops came they wrote a report, said tuff sh*t, and took off.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken into (del96sol)

that sucks man.

cops are gay