Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Beaks kit and Progress rear bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaks kit and Progress rear bar

I was wondering if anyone uses this combo.

Just looking for confirmation that the two will work together.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like it works but I didn't read all of the threads.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=629888
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=325172
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=780445
Old 05-04-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Re: (MichaelJComputer)

Thanks, read those earlier, and couldn't come up with a conclusion.

I have the Beaks kit with the ITR bar, on GSR rear LCAs with urethane pivot bushings.
I plan on installing rear spherical bearings in the 92-95 DX LCAs, since they aren't avaliable for the GSR arms.
Therefore, I'll need to find an alternative rear bar that mounts to the shock.
And thats why I chose Progress.

I'm sure it'll work...just looking for a definate answer.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eee Pee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eee Pee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks, read those earlier, and couldn't come up with a conclusion.

I have the Beaks kit with the ITR bar, on GSR rear LCAs with urethane pivot bushings.
I plan on installing rear spherical bearings in the 92-95 DX LCAs, since they aren't avaliable for the GSR arms.
Therefore, I'll need to find an alternative rear bar that mounts to the shock.
And thats why I chose Progress.

I'm sure it'll work...just looking for a definate answer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you do know that its as simple as geting an electric drill and lining everthing up right? that is to get holes in you DX lca's for a sway bar

as far as i know the beaks kit is universal, but i don't like it.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you do know that its as simple as geting an electric drill and lining everthing up right? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm looking to get rid of the non adjustable ITR bar, and replace it with an adjustable bar, and adjustable endlinks, at the same time.
Another reason the Progress bar caught my attention.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Any reason why you're choosing the Progress over the Competch?

If you do get/have the Progress, take some pictures of it, I haven't seen it yet.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Re: (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any reason why you're choosing the Progress over the Competch?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Price.
It mounts to the shock bolt.
The Heim joint endlink.
Larger diameter.
And when I get the sphericals, I can ask them to ship the bar at the same time...convenience I guess.

I admit I don't know much about the Comptech, as it was always so expensive.
The Coaxial adjustable isn't for the 92-95 car, and I'm not seeing the other one as being adjustable otherwise.

I'll get some pictures when it all goes down.
If, someone could tell me the Progress bar will work with the Beaks kit definately.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Boba Connoisseur

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eee Pee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Price.
It mounts to the shock bolt.
The Heim joint endlink.
Larger diameter.
And when I get the sphericals, I can ask them to ship the bar at the same time...convenience I guess.

I admit I don't know much about the Comptech, as it was always so expensive.
The Coaxial adjustable isn't for the 92-95 car, and I'm not seeing the other one as being adjustable otherwise.

I'll get some pictures when it all goes down.
If, someone could tell me the Progress bar will work with the Beaks kit definately.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are there any advantages to the shock bolt mounting or do you just not want to buy a set of Integra LCAs? Comptech bar has the heim jointed adjustable endlinks as well.

Didn't know the Progress bar was coaxially adjustable, that's pretty cool, even cooler if it's not &gt;$500. Comptech's bar is only 3 way adjustable via the ends of the swaybar/adjustable endlinks. Nice thing is you don't need to use a kit like the Beaks' and not worry about subframe rippage.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are there any advantages to the shock bolt mounting or do you just not want to buy a set of Integra LCAs? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I have Teg arms already.
Progress spherical bearings don't fit the Teg arm, only the smaller hole on the Civic arm.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Didn't know the Progress bar was coaxially adjustable, </TD></TR></TABLE>
It's not, Progress has three holes.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Nice thing is you don't need to use a kit like the Beaks' and not worry about subframe rippage.</TD></TR></TABLE>
And I already have the Beaks kit.

See, the idea is to use spherical bearings in the Civic arm, and use a Progress bar because it mounts to the shock bolt.
I'm just not sure if the Progress bar will line up close enough to the Beaks kit for everything to work, hence the post.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eee Pee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have Teg arms already.
Progress spherical bearings don't fit the Teg arm, only the smaller hole on the Civic arm.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

see thats what i don't understand, as far as i know the LCA are the exact same.

at least i couldn't tell them apart, is the bushing a different diameter or something?

im not saying your wrong just trying to make everything clear

edit: do you know that bigger is not always better? ( no put intended) but i really mean this IMO to run a big sway bar you better have some high rear spring rates
Old 05-04-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at least i couldn't tell them apart, is the bushing a different diameter or something?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Correct, the bushings are a different diameter. I found out the hard way after spending a lot of time removing the stock bushing to install urethane bushings.
They practically fell right through. "Awe ****!"

It's all about the spherical bearings. They only come in the smaller diameter of the Civic arm.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Boba Connoisseur

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">edit: do you know that bigger is not always better? ( no put intended) but i really mean this IMO to run a big sway bar you better have some high rear spring rates</TD></TR></TABLE>

he has an E Prepared Solo II car... I think his spring rates are high enough.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:01 PM

You could go with these.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Are there any advantages to the shock bolt mounting or do you just not want to buy a set of Integra LCAs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mounting the bar futher outboard on the LCA should provide better leverage. i.e. the bar should be more effective, and it might put less stress on the subframe.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beaks kit and Progress rear bar (Eee Pee)

It's not necessary to use the Beaks kit and the Progress bar together.

The progress bar has different mounting points than standard/OEM replacement bars. The mounting point for the rear-stabilizer bar is at the shock and also at the LCA-&gt;subframe bolt. The mount to the subframe connects through the large LCA bolt and to the holes where the OEM swaybar mounts. If you are upgrading from a stock rear bar, then all you need to do is put in the bolts. If you did not have a stock bar, you will need to drill those holes and put in the bolts. They also recommend welding this area if your car did not come with a factory bar.

Due to its design, when mounted, the Progress rear-antisway bar will also act as a rear tie bar, since it connects in parallel to the subframe using both LCA bolts. It also has the other two bolts at each side where regular antisway bars mount.

-Hash
Old 05-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: (SpooN Man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpooN Man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You could go with these. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, or he could just stick with his stock LCAs with spherical bearings.

Nice For Sale post, though, good try.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hash Browns &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not necessary to use the Beaks kit and the Progress bar together.
-Hash</TD></TR></TABLE>
I appreciate the post and effort. But I already have the Beaks kit, so I might as well use it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, or he could just stick with his stock LCAs with spherical bearings.
Nice For Sale post, though, good try.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good looking out!
Old 05-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Boba Connoisseur

While you're checking this thread, what spring rates are you using and are your Konis stock or revalved?
Old 05-04-2004, 02:29 PM

Last year:
500 fr, no bar with 20x 9.5 x13 Hoosier Slicks R35 compound (harder)
400 rr, 22mm bar with 20x 8 x13 Hoosier Slicks R25 compound (softer)
Stock valved Konis, hence the 500 limit on the rates.
Car was fast, and easy to drive, but rolled to much. No oversteer, no understeer. Pure stick.
Remeber the car weighs nothing, so the rates don't need to be too high.

This year:
800 fr, no bar
700 rr, 22mm bar (for now...)
Konis will be revalved.

I like the balance the spring rates gave the car, I just want a little less roll in front.
Car won't be as easy to drive, and will require me to step up the reaction time with the hands.
And hopefully, a 300 pound increase will get rid of some of the roll (which wasn't too crazy before).
Wide tires in front for some serious grip, softer tires in the rear allowed some heat to build, resulting in an ultimate grip machine.

Few FTDs, and usually in the top 5 fastest (regionally, out of 200).
Old 05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can't use the beaks kit with the progress bar...

since a "back" plate attachs to the LCA bolt and then the D bracket bolts up to that...there is no need to renforce the subframe since it really don't connect to it..

only one lil bolt connects to it bu thats not what gets the full force of the sway its mainly the lca bolt...
Old 05-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Re: (SloCivicHMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since a "back" plate attachs to the LCA bolt and then the D bracket bolts up to that...there is no need to renforce the subframe since it really don't connect to it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure. But what about not using the Progress mounting pieces.

Just the bar, some bushing, and D bracket, and the Beaks kit.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from what I Know you can't do this.......well you can but you'd have to find the right size endlinks to be able to reach the shock fork location for mounting.......

and imho, I would never do this with a bar that was designed to be used differently.....R&D went into the mounting points for a reason......