Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Baby Carriage Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Carriage Wheels

I was showing my civic to a few friends of mine and one of them couldn't get over how small my wheels where. He said they were baby sized, hell my mountain bike's wheels are larger than my car's.

I was talking to my other friend and I got to thinking maybe I should put some rims on my car, larger than the wheels I have. Sounds like one of those classic great ideas that are much easier said than done.

I don't know much about rims, but what is there to know about wheels? The tires are probably the most complicated thing about a wheel.

I was in pepboys the other day and noticed they had an area for rims I believe, with extensive catalogs and everything. My civic is Opal Metallic Green w/ black trim so I was thinking Black rims initally, but I'm sure silver ones would work fine too because my hub caps are silver/grey.

What size should I be looking for? I am not even sure what size my current wheels are (the rims that is)...

So where is that walkthough guide on buying rims?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Baby Carriage Wheels (Paprika)

either do it for yourself or dont do it at all is my stand on the subject. If youre worried about your friend making fun of them tell him hes a bitch and he doesnt have to take a ride in it. btw a mountain bike wheel is going to larger than almost every car out there except 18wheelers and construction vehicles. or any vato mobile that can come up with 26" wheels

Modified by monicle at 1:41 PM 8/16/2004
Old 08-16-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Baby Carriage Wheels (monicle)

This is too broad of a ?. it depends alot on what you want. if you are looking strictly around town and show, then the bigger the better, but if you are looking to race then in my personal oppinion then i wouldnt get anything bigger than a 15, possible a 16 at most. i have seen alot of the green civics with black rims and they look good, jus my 2 cents.