Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 Civic/B18C swap questions for the experienced and technically inclined folks

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Civic/B18C swap questions for the experienced and technically inclined folks

I been searching these forums for to long now that my eyes are started to twitch. I'm finding some answers, but not quite the ones I am looking for. I got a 99 Civic HX and I see that I need a couple Si motor mounts for my SiR-G motor I just bought. I believe it's the rear tranny and driver side mounts that I need from a Si? Now, I been seeing some stuff sayin the rubber bushings from my Civic will fit the mounts to the Si? That doesn't sound right, so can someone verify that? And, are these the only 2 mounts I need from the Si? I already found the part numbers from HondaSwap.com in a forum for 2 mounts and a A/C bracket. Then some bolt that I will also need. I only have 2 mounts right now in my car because I bought it as a shell. I dont even know where they all go, I'm use to my G2 Teg I use to have. But this Civic is killing me.

Another thing. Seeing how I have a OBDII and I am getting the OBDII motor. Is there ANY wiring I need to modify? I have a Integra dash too, so how about the plugs matching up to all the interior components? i.e. Hazards, defrost, cluster...I was looking in my repair manual and it says the main harness plug in the engine bay of my car is on the driver side where as the Integras are on the passangers side. I am thinking I have to extend some wires. Question 2 on this matter. I saw an article about doing something with the VTEC plug. Does this need to be modified? Sorry for my ignorance, I kinda rushed into this without doing to much research on the B18C/Civic swap before buying this motor. I know it's a hell of a motor and can be swapped easily, but now I have been on the PC for about 8 hours a day this last week trying to find parts for cheap and what I need to do to put this motor in. I'm sure 90% of you know the feeling of getting a new power plant that you know will haul ***. But I'm not really buying anything thing else until I find out exactly what I need. I have until Spring before I plan to drop it in anyways, because here in Taxachushits we have snow, and I dont like exposing my car to that crap. Any info would be appreciated. If you know of any posts you think would be helpful to me, please paste a link.