Old 12-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anybody else working on a 8th Gen Civic

Making thing slowly happen
Old 12-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Trial User

I got a 2006 EX I'm trying to keep running.

Won't stay running after running out of gas. I have changed pump, coil packs,injection and plugs and still wo't stay running.

Last edited by toyomatt84; 12-08-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: Is anybody else working on a 8th Gen Civic

Originally Posted by Tommy2tymez
Making thing slowly happen
I'm not sure how this is considered Tech at this point.

Pressing the brake so you go slowly???

I've only done a little work on my 2007 Civic Si...

The original order spent money on it and had a bunch of mods done. One of which is solid mounts but not the right mounts for the car. As such I've had to fix the one of the transmission mount bolts by cutting the cone tip off and threading it in upside down so that I could reach the good threads deeper in the bolt hole.

I currently have some foreign bolt on the motor mount side that I have to do something with as there is a 1/4 inch gap between the mount plate and the mount bracket bolted to the motor.

I also had to put a brand new Denso O2 sensor in and create an extension harness as the people who did the Skunk2 Megapower 70mm exhaust install did a wire crimp type extension to the sensor and didn't even tape it up, so after a few years of rain, the wires corroded as well as shorted out on the frame rail in the channel. Stole the O2 plugs from a 2006 R18 car and soldered, heat shrinked, taped and then wire conduit the extension harness. Needless to say, my O2 will be working fine for many salty winters to come.

I also had to repair a hole in my Injen Cold Air Intake as the fog lights pushed the tube too far back and hard right turns, the tire rubbed up on the aluminum tube. Part of my fix was cutting 1.25 inches off the end of the tube so that with the filter the tube was recessed more. Now the tire doesn't touch it. I must have been driving with dirty air and what ever else it sucked up in through there for a couple of months. Glad I never hydro-locked the engine.

Then lastly, with the help of Steve at e-tunez.com we tuned the car and now she runs like a dream putting down 203.56 HP/147ft-lbs of torque to the wheels even with 362,000 kilometers on the motor and sucking dirty air for at least 2 months.

Oh, almost forgot, the lube shop when they changed the oil filter, they must have smacked the oil pressure sending unit so it was gushing oil just before my move in August, so I had the joy of replacing that to fix the oil leak. And now that I've moved, a lube shop isn't touching my baby again.

So that's what I've done with mine since I got it in late July.

Oh yeah, also bought 17 inch RSX or TSX rims for my winters and put Michelin X-Ice winters on her and then glued my punisher caps (after modification) over the acura centers so as to hide the acura badges of the rims. The Work Emotion XD9 summers are sitting in the garage until the salt is done for the year.

And then I'm thinking about seeing how much it will cost for my resident Honda tech to replace the hydraulic timing chain tensioner as I want it done sooner instead of later and we don't have a third vehicle to use as backup to allow me to put mine down for a week or two to fight it with the motor in the car. Bloody motor has to come out from the bottom....
Old 12-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is anybody else working on a 8th Gen Civic

I just added some 18" Primax rims and some 45 tires for quick fix. the stock tires were bald. Got the alignment some new 6.5' speakers in the door. i need a A/c compressor tho. Im in VA do you know where i can get one for less then $200 and it works. Im in VA......