Old 12-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Sweet Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (American.Graffiti)

Old 12-06-2006, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (sixfiveoh)

i am shocked at how decent these low budget paint jobs have been working out!
By no means are they "show" quality, but they are better than an unpainted car Not every honda is worthy of that 4k$ paint
Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (American.Graffiti)

so that's where one^g got his paint from... jk lol
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks horrible and will continue to look horrible sorry to say save the time and energy and do it the right way!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol
Old 12-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

$200 Paint Job

Autobody Master Buff Primer and activator from O'Reilly - $30
PPG Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint - $89 for a Half Gallon
DuPont Nason Clear and Activator - $70 from O'Reilly

If you borrow a gun and a compressor it can turn out nice.

Still, the $50 paint job amazes me everytime I see it.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mrbigg9032)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks horrible and will continue to look horrible sorry to say save the time and energy and do it the right way!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

96 coupe (cousin's car)

92 hatch (my k24 project)

both, painted by me. imagine once it's finally wetsanded/buffed/wax. horrible? for the pricetag? hardly. educate yourself before making yourself look like an idiot .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chronicsinners &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am shocked at how decent these low budget paint jobs have been working out!
By no means are they "show" quality, but they are better than an unpainted car Not every honda is worthy of that 4k$ paint</TD></TR></TABLE>

$200 paint job = $3800 left over for k24

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sixfiveoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

keep it up man - you should probably do the puttywork now, rather then later. it gets harder once you have a couple of coats on to even everything out.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy picked up some Duplicolor paint from Autozone that went on sale for $0.01, yes 1 cent!

For a gallon of roll-onable, brush on able or sprayable.

He picked up 4 gallons.

Corvette Yellow
Ocean Blue Metallic
Jet Black
Silver

Pretty cool it was all only 4 cents.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good work so far
Old 12-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sup gurl)

I've been debating on whether to do this or not on my project hatch. I think I'm going to try. Keep up the good work
Old 12-06-2006, 08:56 AM

good choice in color
Old 12-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fventura03)

You have to be kiding me u educate urself HELLO your using a freaking paintroller. Ok it may come out looking OK but how much sanding do u have to do to make it look 10% as good as of u used a real paintgun. And next time try making the pics alittle bigger so to show the details u dumbass. Talk to anyone that does any kind of real body work and they will tell u save the time and the money and do it the right way.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have to be kiding me u educate urself HELLO your using a freaking paintroller. Ok it may come out looking OK but how much sanding do u have to do to make it look 10% as good as of u used a real paintgun. And next time try making the pics alittle bigger so to show the details u dumbass. Talk to anyone that does any kind of real body work and they will tell u save the time and the money and do it the right way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man you sure do talk a lot of ****...let's see your car and DIYs.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not talking **** just giving my opinion after all this is honda-tech. If u want to paint ur car with a roller more power to u but dont get upset if someone tells u it looks like ****.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The pictures in first post are pretty big
Old 12-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have to be kiding me u educate urself HELLO your using a freaking paintroller. Ok it may come out looking OK but how much sanding do u have to do to make it look 10% as good as of u used a real paintgun. And next time try making the pics alittle bigger so to show the details u dumbass. Talk to anyone that does any kind of real body work and they will tell u save the time and the money and do it the right way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

who said a paintroller doesn't provide you with a good, even paint job? have you checked out the $50 paint job thread? 80% of the people there use rollers, and their cars came out GREAT. i have a couple of neighbors (some with body work experience) that have seen my work and CANT BELIEVE i used a roller to do it. eventually on my hatch, i ended up using a spray gun, that was mainly because of all the curves on the bumper being hard to get to with a roller.

btw, the dumbass is yourself. please CLICK the pictures, and you will see a BIGGER image. the reason i posted small thumbnails is for this thread not to be bombarded with my images.

so like i said before, please educate yourself before making an idiot post, you're only making yourself look stupid.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sup gurl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man you sure do talk a lot of ****...let's see your car and DIYs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

he's just like all the other idiots who hate without any knowledge of what they are talking about. they don't have any experience, and they drive pieces of ****.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZacCarter)

Wow, prep work owns you.

Shitty job on sanding out the imperfections, and good job getting dust in the paint. Uhh
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i love honda-tech everyone is a expert u have no idea what i know about body work but yet u think i know nothing and u have no idea what i drive but yet u think i drive a shitbox judging by ur roller paintjob i think i know who is driving the shitbox
Old 12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Sweet Title

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i love honda-tech everyone is a expert u have no idea what i know about body work but yet u think i know nothing and u have no idea what i drive but yet u think i drive a shitbox judging by ur roller paintjob i think i know who is driving the shitbox </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey yeah, let me drop $3000 into a paintjob on a car i spent $1500 on.

It's a honda.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Braddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, prep work owns you.

Shitty job on sanding out the imperfections, and good job getting dust in the paint. Uhh </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dust won't matter with wetsanding. And yes, I know I screwed up with the prep work, but when all is said and done, It will look alot better than my 16 year old flaky clearcoat Jasper Green paint.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sixfiveoh)

Man, I remember doing this to my Grand Fury. Haha the first time I did it though I was an *** goblin because I bought the cotton fluffy rollers and when it was dried I had cotton particles all through the paint.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks horrible and will continue to look horrible sorry to say save the time and energy and do it the right way!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut up ***. Keep looking for the single slam valve cover and stop criticizing something you yourself dont have the talent to do.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i love honda-tech everyone is a expert u have no idea what i know about body work but yet u think i know nothing and u have no idea what i drive but yet u think i drive a shitbox judging by ur roller paintjob i think i know who is driving the shitbox </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're right, i dont know what you know about body work, but judging by your posts in this thread, and lack of expressing why it's going to keep "looking horrible". you lead me to believe that you don't know anything about body work and you're just talking crap to make yourself feel better. maybe next time, when you post something negative about something - you should state WHY you think (or know) the paint will "continue to look horrible"

please post pics of your car, show me and everyone else how amazing your hacked together turbo D16 sedan really looks. lets compare my cars to yours and see which is the shitbox?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the Hillbillies and Shotguns, Ontario, Canada
Default Re: (fventura03)

to what he says

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

96 coupe (cousin's car)

92 hatch (my k24 project)

both, painted by me. imagine once it's finally wetsanded/buffed/wax. horrible? for the pricetag? hardly. educate yourself before making yourself look like an idiot .

$200 paint job = $3800 left over for k24

keep it up man - you should probably do the puttywork now, rather then later. it gets harder once you have a couple of coats on to even everything out.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rayz_Si)

sweet
Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Santys EK)

DIY

Quick Reply: My "$50" Paint Job (PIC INTENSIVE!)