Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

My "$50" Paint Job (PIC INTENSIVE!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Sweet Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (r_Senik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r_Senik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DIY </TD></TR></TABLE>

<FONT SIZE="6">DAY 3</FONT>

Well this is just a quick mockup, this is my DD, so I need to drive it daily. Gotta go to work in about a half hour, so I threw the bumper on. This is the first coat on the bumper and second on the hood. Bumper looks pretty shoddy. Tonight our project will be my friend sanding down certain spots on the bumper and applying the putty and me popping off and sanding the fenders

That dent in the hood is really starting to bother me Only reason I don't do anything about it is I plan on replacing it with CF soon enough. And yes, it will be dropped as well I just got the car and I just wanted to take care of the paint first.

Here's a question for you guys. What about the lip? Paint it or leave it black?

Will update more tonight
Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leave the lip black.

i just figured out who you were. LMAOS. you're the dude with the "BEFORE/AFTER" Acura CL

LMAOS.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (fventura03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">leave the lip black.

i just figured out who you were. LMAOS. you're the dude with the "BEFORE/AFTER" Acura CL

LMAOS. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That car was sweeeeeet, man.

I miss it.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this time you can really have a before/after

before: green
after: cream
Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (sixfiveoh)

I would have left the moldings black.

Hood came out nice, wish you were more patient with the bumper, but I know how it is. I once started wetsanding before the paint was completely cured, so it took twice as long to complete of I would have just taken my time.

Im probably painting my car the same color during spring break, that or black.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (Skeletor!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this time you can really have a before/after

before: green
after: cream</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skeletor! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I would have left the moldings black.

Hood came out nice, wish you were more patient with the bumper, but I know how it is. I once started wetsanding before the paint was completely cured, so it took twice as long to complete of I would have just taken my time.

Im probably painting my car the same color during spring break, that or black. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, my logic was, the moldings were all cut up and stained anyways. I figured I'd paint em and if I didn't like em painted, I'd spray em black, cuz I planned on doing that if I left em unpainted anyways. Painted moldings might looks good on the final product tho.

Yeah, I got really impatient with the bumper, it was such a pain in the ***. But we're fixing it up tonight, gonna fill in some cracks
Old 12-06-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: My "$50" Paint Job (sixfiveoh)

looks horrible
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Sweet Title

Default Re: My "$50" Paint Job (RS93DA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RS93DA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks horrible</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your mom
Old 12-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sixfiveoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, my logic was, the moldings were all cut up and stained anyways. I figured I'd paint em and if I didn't like em painted, I'd spray em black, cuz I planned on doing that if I left em unpainted anyways. Painted moldings might looks good on the final product tho.

Yeah, I got really impatient with the bumper, it was such a pain in the ***. But we're fixing it up tonight, gonna fill in some cracks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Have someone PS the moldings black.

I had a beige metallic DA, loved it with black moldings. Set it off.

Edit ill jump on my other comp and do a quick job.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (Skeletor!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skeletor! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Edit ill jump on my other comp and do a quick job. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sixfiveoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sweet </TD></TR></TABLE>

you honestly think it looks good? or by any means better?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in for pics tonight.

leave the lip black
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (RS93DA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RS93DA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you honestly think it looks good? or by any means better?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I think it looks better than my flaky teal paint job that was on it before. It doesn't by any means look GREAT but what do you expect?

Wait till the final product to judge
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM

alright sorry, SO FAR it looks horrible
Old 12-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (RS93DA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RS93DA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright sorry, SO FAR it looks horrible</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think the hood looks bad... it looks pretty even, with a slight shine in those pics.

the bumper though, needs a couple of more layers, you can still see the streaks.

btw, are you throwing your roller pads away after each use?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM

<FONT SIZE="6">DAY 3</FONT>

Well this is just a quick mockup, this is my DD, so I need to drive it daily. Gotta go to work in about a half hour, so I threw the bumper on. This is the first coat on the bumper and second on the hood. Bumper looks pretty shoddy. Tonight our project will be my friend sanding down certain spots on the bumper and applying the putty and me popping off and sanding the fenders

That dent in the hood is really starting to bother me Only reason I don't do anything about it is I plan on replacing it with CF soon enough. And yes, it will be dropped as well I just got the car and I just wanted to take care of the paint first.

Here's a question for you guys. What about the lip? Paint it or leave it black?

Will update more tonight </TD></TR></TABLE>

get a 94-95 oem accord front and rear lip and civic oem eg or ek side skirts and put them on and paint them
Old 12-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Sweet Title

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fventura03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
btw, are you throwing your roller pads away after each use?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll do that when I paint tonight, but I didn't yesterday, because I painted the hood around 2:30 and then the bumper around 8:00. I probably should have tho? How long/ how many uses are they good for?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dunno, they are so cheap i threw them away after each use...was wondering if you did the same too.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Sweet Title

yeah, I bought 2 refill packs with 2 in each pack. They're cheap, I just don't wanna drive to the hardware store again for more I'm lazy.

I guess I'll put a new one on each day?

Whered Skeletor go with that photochop?

Modified by sixfiveoh at 2:42 PM 12/6/2006
Old 12-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah because when the paint dries on the roller pad, it gets hard. so it's probably best to use one per day
Old 12-06-2006, 01:28 PM
White Lotus

I'm gonna be honest and say it looks like ***. You should have paid another $100 and went to 1 Day Paint, at least their paint will hold up for over a year. Hopefully you have some paint left and can save it for your wood fence.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:39 PM

dame his car is no where near done and some of you haters are talking ****..

let the man finish 1st if anything plus this is his daily driver
Old 12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (White Lotus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Lotus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm gonna be honest and say it looks like ***. You should have paid another $100 and went to 1 Day Paint, at least their paint will hold up for over a year. Hopefully you have some paint left and can save it for your wood fence. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's marine topside paint. It's used on boats. I have no worries in it lasting less than a year.

It looks like *** now, but so does MAACO. At least I can mask off EXACTLY what I want to and spend as much time as I want instead of paying $400-$500 for overspray all over my tires, engine bay, wipers, etc.

Thanks for being honest tho.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Sweet Title

Default Re: (nycludekid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nycludekid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> dame his car is no where near done and some of you haters are talking ****..

let the man finish 1st if anything plus this is his daily driver</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good to know some people have faith

Quick Reply: My "$50" Paint Job (PIC INTENSIVE!)