Notices

wiring for turbo timer and alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring for turbo timer and alarm

I know...its been done, blah, blah, blah...but after looking at the lightning motorsports schematic I decided to post a good schematic for people to veiw.

this schematic is for a viper 600hf alarm and a greddy full turbo timer.

the gray wire on the ignition is intended to be white.
you can pick up the relay at any auto store...there used for the booms on crane trucks and forklifts ect.

basically wire the turbo timer up as described in the manual
1.red on TT to white on IGN
2.blue on TT to yellow on IGN
3.green on TT to black/yellow IGN
4.black to chasis ground

now use the gray shift lock wire on the greddy turbo timer to pin 86, and the fused wire for the constant 12v on the alarm typicaly red to pin 85. this will powe the magnetic coil win the timer is activated.

then next you will find the ignition wire on the alarm and cut it...one side solders to 87a and the other solders to 30. and then your good.

when the timer is activated it powers the magnetic coil which opens the contact to 87a making the alarm believe it is off so you can activate it. once the count down finishes the timer turns off deactivating the coil re-engaging contact 87a for start up and normal alarm operation. good luck.

Modified by Syner-G-Racing at 10:21 PM 11/13/2004
Old 11-14-2004, 01:24 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (Syner-G-Racing)

Subscribing because I'll be tackling this later on. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (IslandSi)

Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (Syner-G-Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know...its been done, blah, blah, blah...but after looking at the lightning motorsports schematic I decided to post a good schematic for people to veiw.

this schematic is for a viper 600hf alarm and a greddy full turbo timer.

the gray wire on the ignition is intended to be white.
you can pick up the relay at any auto store...there used for the booms on crane trucks and forklifts ect.

basically wire the turbo timer up as described in the manual
1.red on TT to white on IGN
2.blue on TT to yellow on IGN
3.green on TT to black/yellow IGN
4.black to chasis ground

now use the gray shift lock wire on the greddy turbo timer to pin 86, and the fused wire for the constant 12v on the alarm typicaly red to pin 85. this will powe the magnetic coil win the timer is activated.

then next you will find the ignition wire on the alarm and cut it...one side solders to 87a and the other solders to 30. and then your good.

when the timer is activated it powers the magnetic coil which opens the contact to 87a making the alarm believe it is off so you can activate it. once the count down finishes the timer turns off deactivating the coil re-engaging contact 87a for start up and normal alarm operation. good luck.

Modified by Syner-G-Racing at 10:21 PM 11/13/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is VSS on the diagram?

Khoi
Old 08-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (Sohc Driver)

bump..was is VSS?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 AM

VSS = vehicle speed sensor
Old 08-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (nfn15037)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nfn15037 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">VSS = vehicle speed sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

cool deal..

1. Where can I find the speed sensor?
2. What color wire is it?
3. And why does it need to be hooked up to the Turbo Timer?

Thanks in advance,
Khoi
Old 08-02-2005, 01:36 PM

You can pick up the VSS at the cluster or at the ECU. The wire is B13 @ the ECU and the color is yellow/blue stripe. The VSS is an optional connection on turbo timers, it will kill the engine if vehicle movement is detected.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (IslandSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Subscribing because I'll be tackling this later on. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ditto.

already got the timer...and i think i shall pickup one of those ez-wiring harnesses...

thx for the diagram!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So like..my alarm would not arm with pin30 connected to the ignition..but the alarm does arm with pin30 left unconnected.

This is how I ended up wiring up everything, and everything works perfectly. Fan is operational during countdown, alarm is capable of arming, and capable of setting off the siren if someone bumps into the car or opens the door.

I did not hook up the assessory blue and brown wires to the hand brake or VSS, but probably do it another time I guess, but I don't need them anyways.

Modified by Sohc Driver at 5:31 AM 8/3/2005
Old 08-04-2005, 12:48 PM

help~! im having problems w/ the alarm.. i have a hornet 730T alarm. i did the same wiring as syner G racing but it didnt work. when the turbo timer finishes the countdown my door unlock and unarms. so i did it like Sohc Driver... when i wired it up like that it works but im having several problems. 1 my alarm lights blink really fast. 2 when the turbo timer is counting down my alarm goes off or gives the warning beeps(OFTEN) 3 when i unarm the car after the turbo timer is finished it beeps 3 times(letting me know the alarm went off) Please i need help thanks everyone
Old 11-02-2007, 03:09 PM

i need some help i hooked everything up like the diagram..i hooked the 12v from the alarm the grey from the TT and i took the wire that was going from the alarm to the ign wire and hooked up the part from the alarm to the relay...when its hooked up this way my alarm doesnt work at all..please help
Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 220 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Re: wiring for turbo timer and alarm (ToneDX2049)

When I still had my turbo setup, I had an Avital alarm on my hatchback. Avital is now an DEI product by the way. Even when I set the alarm to (last door) passive arming mode, the alarm would automatically come on 30 seconds after I close the door. I have not tried this wiring diagram out, personally but I actually found an alarm that works perfect for cars with turbo timers. It was an Excalibur ATV-1000. In the programming mode, I just set the car to last door arming and it works. The difference between the two alarms was that the Excalibur actually puts the passive arming mode on delay until 30secs after the engine cut off instead of after the last door closing. Changing out your alarm may be a drastic measure but this alarm works!! It did for me.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone done this with a apexi turbo timer, I know the greddy is differnet, but I can only find writeups about greddy.