Notices

Will this sandwitch adapter work with a oil cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this sandwitch adapter work with a oil cooler?

Will this adpater work with a oil cooler? In and Out.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will this sandwitch adapter work with a oil cooler? (Jordo@KAP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Will this adpater work with a oil cooler? In and Out. </TD></TR></TABLE>
No, it will not. The purpose of our sandwich plate is to feed ONLY. It was primarily designed to feed clean filtered oil to the vtec portion of a head on an LS/VTEC conversion. It also can do turbo oil feed or pressure sending unit, but it does not have a provision for oil return from any type of oil cooler.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will this sandwitch adapter work with a oil cooler? (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

I have a remote oil filter setup with an oil cooler inline of it
Old 12-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will this sandwitch adapter work with a oil cooler? (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, it will not. The purpose of our sandwich plate is to feed ONLY. It was primarily designed to feed clean filtered oil to the vtec portion of a head on an LS/VTEC conversion. It also can do turbo oil feed or pressure sending unit, but it does not have a provision for oil return from any type of oil cooler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Could i use this to "feed the turbo and the oil cooler" then route the oil cooler back into the block where my current oil feed is now?

edit: that wouldnt work either, itd be pluged into another feed (in)

Modified by Jordo@KAP at 1:43 PM 12/2/2005
Old 12-02-2005, 10:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could i use this to "feed the turbo and the oil cooler" then route the oil cooler back into the block where my current oil feed is now?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably not because I'd imagine there would be a drop in pressure.

I'd get one and use one port for your turbo and one port for your oil cooler. Just run a return line to your oil pan just like the one for your turbo return.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will this sandwitch adapter work with a oil cooler? (Everyones Hero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Probably not because I'd imagine there would be a drop in pressure.

I'd get one and use one port for your turbo and one port for your oil cooler. Just run a return line to your oil pan just like the one for your turbo return.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is how it is now, but it doesnt even cool the engine oil. only the turbo gets the cooler oil..
Old 12-02-2005, 11:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is how it is now, but it doesnt even cool the engine oil. only the turbo gets the cooler oil..</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you have two pressurized ports, one feeding the turbo and one feeding an oil cooler?