Notices

What A Pickle - Downpipe/Dump, 02/Wideband Bungs, 3" Exhaust Cutout *Need Placement Help*

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What A Pickle - Downpipe/Dump, 02/Wideband Bungs, 3" Exhaust Cutout *Need Placement Help*

Hey guys

Im kind of stumped on how I should go about doing this setup.

First off the car is an 88 Crx Si with a D16 motor

Im stumped on how I should run this setup, I dont know where to put everything in what order and what the laws of rules of making the best power are.

Check out this pic first

Its small but you get the idea, now heres my questions.

Im going to run a 3" downpipe into a mechanically operated 3" exhaust cutout. you can see in the pic how it is curved, i want 1 90 bend and then almost straight down about 10" into the cutout

Now as you can see my wastegate comes out just above the downpipe but it about 3.5" BEHIND it

I need to know where to make the wastegate dump enter the downpipe and if I am allowed to make it enter 2-3" above the cutout or if it has to enter BEFORE the 2 02 bungs

Someone please clarify that for me

Im just lost really on the fact if I can make the wastegate dump enter AFTER the 2 02 bungs or if one has to be ahead or if there any rules like that?

If it matters its OBD0, I should maybe also mention that Im going to have a full 2" exhaust being routed back from the downpipe

Let me know if you guys need anything else or pics or whatever
Old 02-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What A Pickle - Downpipe/Dump, 02/Wideband Bungs, 3" Exhaust Cutout *Need Placement Help* (Turbl

put one o2 bug in the cutout side and and put o2 inside your downpipe that connect to your exhaust

Idea is something like this, use a DMH 3 inch e cutout good stuff

Spoolin Performance made this

as for dumptube i was reading on ht, to have it dump under the oil pan
Old 02-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What A Pickle - Downpipe/Dump, 02/Wideband Bungs, 3" Exhaust Cutout *Need Placement Help* (Turbl

I have my dumptube venting into the atmosphere (just like my downpipe haha) its much easier to do then trying to get it into the downpipe, it will take more work with measuring tacking, welding and lots of test fitting. Id think that placing your WG right above your bungs could possibly screw with your wb02 readings, but I cant think of why it would, the combustion has already taken place and exh. is flowing past it eathier way.... Test fitting is teh w1n! lol

Good Luck

Blaze
Old 02-25-2006, 03:52 PM

i cant run open dump, I have e-test
Old 02-25-2006, 09:58 PM

bump
Old 02-25-2006, 11:55 PM

bump
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump b/c im wondering where to place my 2 02 bungs, for my obd1 chipped 97LS. One if for the reg o2 sensor, and the other will be for he wb02 sensor.