Notices

what do you think about this??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think about this??

this is my ls/vtec turbo oil feed,what you all think?

Old 12-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: what do you think about this?? (eg6T)

Read carefully:

DO NOT TAP THE CYLINDER HEAD FOR YOUR OIL FEED LINE.

Period.

EDIT: wait, forgot this was for a LS/VTEC setup. I don't know how the oil feed setup works for it N/A, so I know nothing about how it would work with a turbo setup.

Good luck
Old 12-03-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Re: what do you think about this?? (boostincoupe)

so c-speedracing is wrong on their build up?

could you explain that more..why?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

Read above, sorry.

Help this guy out
Old 12-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what do you think about this?? (boostincoupe)

clusterfuck

Get an oil filter plate. I hate Ts hanging all over the place wether it's oil lines, or vac lines it's just ugly and problematic.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what do you think about this?? (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">clusterfuck

Get an oil filter plate. I hate Ts hanging all over the place wether it's oil lines, or vac lines it's just ugly and problematic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also more places for oil leaks to happen
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 PM

I ran the exact same thing u have there, no problem.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (nevin)

one question...whats the size of the thread/fitting on the block for the oil feed,thatss the only fitting im missing.thanks
Old 12-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg6T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one question...whats the size of the thread/fitting on the block for the oil feed,thatss the only fitting im missing.thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

1/8" bspt
Old 12-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Instead of having it T off at the turbo and looking clusterd, is there a way you could T off the block like that? Then you could have just 1 line going to the turbo and the other line going to the cycl. head and the cycl. head line can look nice tucked behind the motor instead of the front...

Also those T's can break pretty easy from vibrations. I would suggest maybe getting anouther line made...maybe 6-12 inches or so and have line comming off the block and then going to the T because that would take all the stress off the T. Last thing you want is for that to break and destroy the turbo and head.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

whats holding all those fittings up?
it looks like it bolts directly to the turbo?

if so, i'd suggest running a hose to the turbo, and ziptieing the majority of the fittings to the firewall somewhere.

don't want it snapping off afterall.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: (Tad)

On my site I have a block fitting with the correct thread sizees. The fitting is one piece and has two ports for oil sources. You can run turbo off one outlet, and vtec off the other. The ls/vtec line is on there too. And for those that don't like two lines on the back of the block, I have a firewall kit which would be one line coming off that block fitting with a T at the firewall. One for turbo, one for vtec.

Sorry about the shameless plug.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is my ls/vtec turbo oil feed,what you all think?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i had that exact setup with the ts the Ts broke two separate times on me. i can alomst gaurantee you that those will too
Old 12-04-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: (Deckedlude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninesecrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Instead of having it T off at the turbo and looking clusterd, is there a way you could T off the block like that? Then you could have just 1 line going to the turbo and the other line going to the cycl. head and the cycl. head line can look nice tucked behind the motor instead of the front...

Also those T's can break pretty easy from vibrations. I would suggest maybe getting anouther line made...maybe 6-12 inches or so and have line comming off the block and then going to the T because that would take all the stress off the T. Last thing you want is for that to break and destroy the turbo and head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it does not t off of the turbo...i have another ss line that will run from the turbo to the fitting, but it is not pictured,it is on my car right now.im going to sucure the t's to the firewall,it shouldnt be too bad
Old 12-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is my ls/vtec turbo oil feed,what you all think?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
What the f.. is this thing
Dude please do this **** right last thing you want is oil all over the place.
use an oil line for each thing or for whatever is for. Don't be lazy and try to Micky Mouse to make it easy come.
For a sec I thought you were drawing a heart of something with those oil line WTF
Old 12-05-2004, 12:08 AM

Default Re: what do you think about this?? (POWERINTEGRA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it does not t off of the turbo...i have another ss line that will run from the turbo to the fitting, but it is not pictured,it is on my car right now.im going to sucure the t's to the firewall,it shouldnt be too bad</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, that sounds better. You shouldn't have a problem. Whether you T at the block or at the firewall, you're still gonna have two feeds from one source, so I'd say you're good.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what do you think about this?? (stealthmode62)

***shudders***

You know, if you click the "[A]" in microsoft paint you can insert text...
Old 12-05-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Re: what do you think about this?? (JRciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">***shudders***

You know, if you click the "[A]" in microsoft paint you can insert text...</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks i was trying to figure that out

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, that sounds better. You shouldn't have a problem. Whether you T at the block or at the firewall, you're still gonna have two feeds from one source, so I'd say you're good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you sir

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by POWERINTEGRA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What the f.. is this thing
Dude please do this **** right last thing you want is oil all over the place.
use an oil line for each thing or for whatever is for. Don't be lazy and try to Micky Mouse to make it easy come.
For a sec I thought you were drawing a heart of something with those oil line WTF</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont understand you at all.use an oil line? im pretty sure those silver long things are oil lines.what did i try to mickey mouse?its not like they are taped and zip-tied together,they are all earls fittings.goober