Notices

WB location

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WB location

I've got 2 choices: I have to re-tune my car (due to some new mods), street WB tuning (hondata, b18c turbo, yada yada blah blah blah)

I'm my flexpipe just before the O2 bung, there is a whole the size of a 17mm bolt head, allowing exhaust gases to escape. I also have an O2 bung in the top of the DP, right after the turbo (approximately 2" away from the hot side of the turbo).

If I put the WB in the O2 bung off the turbo, I've read that this is to close and a pressure difference like this will cause the WB to read incorrectly. If I put the WB into the stock bung location, then I'm losing some exhaust gases before the WB reads them.

I was wondering if the reading would be off if the WB is in the stock location, because even though its losing some gases, the remaining gases are still able to give me a a/f reading... there's just less volume of gases to be read?... or will this loss of gases cause the a/f to read incorrectly?

Where should I put this to tune? I don't have the option of fixing the flex-pipe in time...
Old 08-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WB location (servion)

^^^
Old 08-14-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WB location (servion)

I say put it in the existing o2 hole and try to temporarly patch the hole untill you can fix it for good. My brothers readings were pretty much the same when his down pipe was leaking before the sensor.

On a side note>

I finally finished my turbo setup 2 weeks ago and everything fit perfect. Thanks for the good service/price on the manifold...

Bump for a good seller
Old 08-14-2003, 12:45 AM

patch the hole and put the WB on stock 02 location.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WB location (Alstare)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alstare &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say put it in the existing o2 hole and try to temporarly patch the hole untill you can fix it for good. My brothers readings were pretty much the same when his down pipe was leaking before the sensor.

On a side note&gt;

I finally finished my turbo setup 2 weeks ago and everything fit perfect. Thanks for the good service/price on the manifold...

Bump for a good seller </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, I was just wondering about your setup the other day; that was a long time ago! Glad to hear that you got it running! Any pics?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboDANDEE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDANDEE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">patch the hole and put the WB on stock 02 location.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto.
A wb sniffer commonly used on dyno's are usually only behind 100-200 rpms in afr.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ditto.
A wb sniffer commonly used on dyno's are usually only behind 100-200 rpms in afr.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, am I correct in assuming that even though I'm losing gases through the hole, the a/f ratio of the gases I'm losing is the same as the a/f ratio of the remaining gases passing by the o2, so I'll still get an accurate reading?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:20 AM

Default Re: (servion)

Yeah that sounds accurate...like mentioned above can't be much different then when they jam the sensor in yout tailpipe at the dyno.

Thanks... I still haven't tuned it all up yet, ordered my ems and wideband kit last week so hopefully soon. I haven't taken any pics yet, prolly soon, the only pics I have are super old. Thanks again...
Old 08-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Alstare)

i have heard/read that the best locaton for a wb would be about 18 inches away from the exhaust housing. dont quote me on that im just re stating something i have heard/read in the past.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2.2Lcivic)

Yes, search on threads that member BIG MOOSE has participated in. He is very knowledgable in this matter.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, search on threads that member BIG MOOSE has participated in. He is very knowledgable in this matter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Definitely.

There's also a thread in the archives where Peter, a guy from techedge, comes on and shares some good info on the location of the WB sensor.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=479875