Notices

Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 06:59 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay!

Im hooking up my bosch relay for my fuel pump.. Ive got the ground hooked up, the battery hooked up with a fuse, i have the power hooked up to the battery but i cant seem to get the ignition part of the relay to work right.. Ive tried tapping the fuse into the radio power wire but when i tap it to that it stays on full time, i dont even have to turn the car on to get power to it.. I need a wire to tap it into that will come on when i turn the key and stay on when i turn the ignition... Where can I hook the ignition(red) wire too? Im not an expert for wireing so I need details as to where and what color the wire will be... this is the last thing in my install
Old 11-10-2001, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (DIRep972)

Pull off the steering wheel cover. l.ook to the left, you should see some "soldering" points. you will see IGN1, IGN2 etc.. connect it to IGN2.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (DIRep972)

if you want to hook it to the ignition,i think the large black with yellow at the steering column is ignition-check it with a test light or multi-meter.it would be best to hook it to the factory fuel pump wire.it will be under the back seat at the pump.one wire will be ground,the other will have power when the car is running and briefly after the key is turned on.hook this wire to 86 on the relay,85 to ground,30 to the battery and 87 to the pwer of the new pump.that way,it will run just like the factory pump and not while the ignition is on.

p.s.the numbers represent each terminal.look near the terminals on the relay-they are labeled.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:12 PM
Smarter than you

thanks for the help guys, I ended up just pulling out the stereo and hooking it up to the red wire and its working fine.. Although it stays on just like the radio does and is loud as crap.. My friend uses the airtex and his fuel pump turns off after like 2 seconeds if he doesnt turn over the engine.. Is mine supposed to do that using the bosch relay?
Old 11-11-2001, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the factory pump cuts on for a few seconds when you cut the key on.if the car is running however,it will continue to run.if you hook it up like i suggested,it will run just like the factory pump.the way you have it hooked up now,it will run as long as the key is on.if you can't figure it out,become buddys with someone at a stereo shop-they should be able to do it for you.

[Modified by turbotypeR, 5:14 PM 11/11/2001]
Old 11-11-2001, 04:33 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (turbotypeR)

chris, you should trigger the relay off the power to the stock fuel pump. that way the airtex pump is always on when the stock fuel pump is on.

art can tell you exactly where to splice into the stock fuel power.
Old 11-11-2001, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (falconGSR)

we tried, for some crazy reason, it won't come on... so we just ran it thru a relay and hook the power up to the power wire on the stereo harness...
Old 11-11-2001, 09:06 PM
New User

Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (turbotypeR)

if you can't figure it out,become buddys with someone at a stereo shop-they should be able to do it for you.
haha....where would you ever find one of those...............
Old 11-12-2001, 10:35 AM
Smarter than you

Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (jbsadler)

if you can't figure it out,become buddys with someone at a stereo shop-they should be able to do it for you.

haha i know..
Old 11-12-2001, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Very Urgent! Im soooo close, having problems hooking up bosch relay! (jbsadler)

what in the world is that supposed to mean?
p.s. i told you how to wire it up.why not try it?

[Modified by turbotypeR, 7:16 PM 11/12/2001]
Old 11-12-2001, 06:32 PM
Smarter than you

what in the world is that supposed to mean?
p.s. i told you how to wire it up.why not try it?

[Modified by turbotypeR, 7:16 PM 11/12/2001]
haha well its funny because my dad owns a stereo shop and hes to busy to help me.. I am friends with one of his employees but I think i can do it on my own.. I want to do it my own cause I want to learn how.. I found the wire under the ignition but im about to rip out the back seat and see if i can hook it up there..

[Modified by DIRep972, 3:34 AM 11/13/2001]
Old 11-12-2001, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cool.i manage a shop and have been doing it for about 12 years.just get one of them to let you borrow a multi-meter and hook it up like i said and it will work.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:24 PM
Smarter than you

yeh my dad helped me a little, he just tested the wire with the multi meter and i just sliced it and soldered the relay in.. Everythings good now I got it all working.. Although my stereo is fucked but thats another story, not a problem though there..