Notices

valve check/bypass assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valve check/bypass assembly

i was hoping there was a missing link map sensor that would come with my drag kit but it came with a bunch of hoses in a shape of an "F", i am not familar with the setup and was wonder exactly which hose goes with which or where it is exactly. my friend said i don't need any of this if i am not boosting over 10 psi. true? also where can i put the hose coming from the bov? i put it on the breather like nipple on top of the map sensor, is this ok??
Old 10-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone??
Old 10-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: valve check/bypass assembly (teddy_dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teddy_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was hoping there was a missing link map sensor that would come with my drag kit but it came with a bunch of hoses in a shape of an "F", i am not familar with the setup and was wonder exactly which hose goes with which or where it is exactly. my friend said i don't need any of this if i am not boosting over 10 psi. true? also where can i put the hose coming from the bov? i put it on the breather like nipple on top of the map sensor, is this ok??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never really had one of those, but you want the check vavle(s) to flow in the direction of the manifold (away from the map sensor). And the bov hose should be hooked directly to the im (remember the pressure in the im will hold the bov closed, then when the butterfly closes the pressure dissipates allowing the pressure from the turbo to lift the bov valve and release the flow to atmosphere). GL.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i got everything in, the only thing not connect is the bov tube to where ever it should go, (will vacuum line be ok? or brake booster?) and the map sensor stuff. i took it for a test drive without the down pipe cause too long, **** lagg and did not boost pass 2 psi, it barely pull when vtec hit and felt very little hp gain. later found the oil return had splash the radiator and intercooler piping disconnected. how good is this kit suppose to pull anyways?