Notices

Things to check for....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to check for....

i have a greddy kit on my 2000 civic EX with emanage!I have replaced the CAT the O2 sensors, the cap and rotor, the fuel filter, and used fuel systems cleaner! I am getting a check engine light for the fuel system running rich/lean(think its tuning, im running on a greddy basemap). My car wants to get real boggy and idle lower then it did stock,also when given throttle it wants to be a little jerky like it isnt getting the right,steady, amount of fuel! I also smell gas when i get out of the car(no leaks!).Is there anything else i can check besides a tuning(like FPR and Fuel pump). also my wastegate vaccum line is not hooked up to a vaccum source(some guy said that hondas dont have to be). I need help please, i want to pin point this problem b/c it is becoming obnoxious!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Things to check for.... (joshcivic00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joshcivic00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a greddy kit on my 2000 civic EX with emanage!I have replaced the CAT the O2 sensors, the cap and rotor, the fuel filter, and used fuel systems cleaner! I am getting a check engine light for the fuel system running rich/lean(think its tuning, im running on a greddy basemap). My car wants to get real boggy and idle lower then it did stock,also when given throttle it wants to be a little jerky like it isnt getting the right,steady, amount of fuel! I also smell gas when i get out of the car(no leaks!).Is there anything else i can check besides a tuning(like FPR and Fuel pump). also my wastegate vaccum line is not hooked up to a vaccum source(some guy said that hondas dont have to be). I need help please, i want to pin point this problem b/c it is becoming obnoxious!</TD></TR></TABLE>

stupid question, but how the hell does your wastegate open? i hope it is hooked up to the compresspr then. where is your fuel pressure at static? without having a wideband on it, there is no way to see how rich it is running. p.s. a basemap is just that. a base map. to get you to the dyno. you need to invest into some tuning.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Things to check for.... (boostedcivicsir)

yaa, it is hooked up to the compressor housing! awesome good to hear that from someone who has a shop tho, thanks