Notices

Vafc hack with stock injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vafc hack with stock injectors?

will the vafc hack work with stock injectors?.. i think i am going to try it today.. can someone let me know if it works or not before i try thanks..
Old 10-29-2002, 11:12 AM
mos
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (d16y7vtec)

I don't think you'll be able to turn up the fuel much as the stock injectors are nearly maxed out as far a duty cycle, strait from the factory. There's not much room to add more fuel. You can, however, subtract fuel.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do that, it defeats the purpose of the hack.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no
Old 10-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (inspyral)

I know that this is a dumb question but youve got to understand...its coming from a dumb person ANYWAY...what exactly is a vafc hack? I know what a vafc is but im a little lost on the hack part. Why is it so popular over hondata and other standalones...im guessing its because its cheaper? Thanks alot guys...and be gentle with the flaming.

by the way...i did a search and i didnt really get too much info on it...it was just alot of people talking about their setup.

Sean

[Modified by sCeRaXn, 8:40 PM 10/29/2002]
Old 10-29-2002, 11:47 AM

If you don't want to buy a new engine then don't try it!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (sCeRaXn)

... you did a search and couldnt find much info???... that doesnt sound right... anyways, here yah go...

http://www.thedropshop.tv/vafc.htm
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=247161
Old 10-29-2002, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (1.8T_EG)

go ahead and try it...let us know the results

come on dude
Old 10-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (CzanSOHC)

Mods, maybe an explanation of the search function shoule be part of the registration process on here particularly "archived topics"...?

I really hate to be a dick (hopefully, as most people) but, this has been covered over and over and is undoubtedly in the archives numerous times. the afc 'hack' takes out fuel from larger injectors. trying to do it with stock injectors would show a complete lack of understanding and also ruin your motor right away.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (ion_four)

One thing that i have ran across on HT that i havent seen on too many other boards is that everyone on here thinks that they should ONLY help someone out if they have done numerous searches and couldnt find anything. Yes i did a search...but like i said most of the stuff was just people talking about their setups which included the vafc hack. There were like 300 threads about it and i didnt feel like going through every single one...SORRY. If you dont want to answer a question then dont...why take the time to put "use the search button cause im too much of a fucktard to help you out" when you could be taking that same amount of time to answer the question? I know personally that i have researched things and not fully understood them so sometimes i might ask a question on it only to get...and i know this will shock you..."use the search button". Its not as bad in the FI forum but it just so happens that this is where i was when i finally hit the roof with this topic. People are always complaining to the mods about saving space and **** by using a search instead of asking a question...well heres an idea...why not tell people to stop saying "use the search button" to save a little room? I know that i see this at least 5 times in every thread. Sorry about this but i just had to vent. But thanks for the links on the vafc hack

Sean
Old 10-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (sCeRaXn)

well im sorry that you are upset about the way you ahve been treated. But the simple fact is, if you are on here as much as most of us, you are tired of seing the same 3 questions come up:

1. turbo or supercharge
2. whats the "hack"
3. NAWz.........will i blow my intake

Seriously, i am more than willing to help anyone out, as long as they do a little bit of the homework them self. But Yeah the Hack as an easy and affordable way to run your fuel. Its got the bling that allot of people look for and its allso cool to have the adjustablility right there at your fingers. But waht it does, is allow you to runn larger injectors with a low fuel pressure (unlike the FMU wich skyrockets your FP) its pretty easy. If you need further explanation feel free to IM me.

Rob
Old 10-30-2002, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Vafc hack with stock injectors? (rjardy)

well me and my friend messed with my vafc so that when i floor it i don't run lean and well we also retarted the timing.. that night i got into a race with a prelude and after word going all the way through 1st. 2nd. and 3rd. it started to run shitty due to too much fuel.. i was popin out black smoke a couple times and lagging at low end... i reset my ecu and work up this morning and adjusted my timing.. and runs like before that happen.. i think i am going to have to get another control valve but i am not sure.. on friday i am puttin in my intercooler that i got off a 1st gen. eclipse and hopefully i get my flange for my bov then i will see how it goes.. but half way through 2nd my check engine light goes on.. i am pretty sure its the check valve but i will find out on friday...