Notices

Turbomanifold flange hole too big for wastegate hole and gasket hole??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbomanifold flange hole too big for wastegate hole and gasket hole??? HELP

Okay here is the deal.... I am running the SFP Turbomanifold with a Deltagate....and i bought a new 38mm Tial Wastegate (i was told thats what that manifold takes)...

soo... i take off the Deltagate and compare the exhuast entrance passages on both wastegates, and the Deltagate has one alot bigger than the Tials....

low and behold my manifolds flange has the same size of hole as the Deltagate.. and when i put up my Tial gate to the SFP manifold it will bolt up but i just have to use skinnier bolts (like 12mm unlike the 14mm bolts from before) so this means that the Tial gate obviously uses skinner bolts compared to the maifold and yet it will still bolt up, it just needs to be centered kinda before tighting down being that the bolts are alot skinner than the holes on the manifold

but here is the main problem....when i put the gasket up to the SFP manifolds flange the manifolds hole is bigger than the gasket for the Tial gate, which leaves about a 1/16-1/8'' lip all the way around it, if that makes sense....

so is this a bad thing? do i need a bigger wastegate? i bought the turbo kit used and the person isnt sure what size wastegate the deltagate is.... any help will be much appriciated, thanks