Notices

turbo teg boggin....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo teg boggin....

hello. i have 98 lsT with greddy kit(w/ shitty blue box) i get cel with high map sensor input(i think). the car basically will boost to like .5 bar but anything after that the car runs lean *** hell and i have to restart the car to run regular. i thouhght it was my map sensor seeing boost so i got missing link for it but after the installation the car bogs like ****.... it wont let me pass 5000 rpm..... i also i got cel but havent had a time to check.... so i took the missing link out and the car boost fine until .5 bar but still runs funny if i get any more boost after that...any suggestion???? the way i wired the blue box was just cut the map input to ecu and just electric tape the map input to blue box......(dont have money to get a computer rite at the moment....)

Modified by xiLLtegRax at 4:08 PM 4/27/2008
Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo teg boggin.... (xiLLtegRax)

help~~~~
Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 AM

get it tuned
Old 04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo teg boggin.... (dbiker207)

like i said above i need the computer to get it tuned and its too much for me right now. im just trying to drive with blue box for about a half yr then get it tuned...... n e other suggestion that i dont know???
Old 04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

few random thoughts:
1) blue box isn't seeing boost with a missing link installed
2) bad o2 sensor
3) faulty wiring/installation
4) defective blue box

Be a bit more descriptive than saying "car runs lean as hell". (you have wideband o2?)
I hope, in fact, it was actually running "rich as heaven" which I think those blue boxes were notorious for.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go crome pro
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stockb18c)

how expensive are the chromes???? also is there n e way to check if i have defective blue box???? because the shitty blue box should already bypass the map sensor input before it gets to ecu......
Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xiLLtegRax)

Get chrome it is free you just need a chipped ecu. That shitty blue box isnt working right, it should be dumping a **** load of fuel into your engine if anything theres no way you should be running lean as hell..
Old 04-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TehGhett0P1mp)

what do you mean its free??? tuning is free????
Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM

crome is a free tuning software. you would have to tune the air/fuel ratios. its isnt hard to get it better than that pos blue box. go to pgmfi.org for more info.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dbiker207)

any other suggestion what might be wrong???
Old 04-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, that sounds like a hackjob.

Do it right. Take off the turbo and all that jazz until you can do it right. Otherwise, you'll be adding an engine to that list of things you still need.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

doesnt posting what problem i have results to doing it right? what do you mean it sounds like a hack job..... im doing everything that what everyone else would be doing..... its just im wondering if i missed something or done something wrong
Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude, that sounds like a hackjob.

Do it right. Take off the turbo and all that jazz until you can do it right. Otherwise, you'll be adding an engine to that list of things you still need.</TD></TR></TABLE>

xiLLtegRax: your using mid 90's technology. the right way these days is to get it tuned properly on a dyno.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xiLLtegRax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesnt posting what problem i have results to doing it right? what do you mean it sounds like a hack job..... im doing everything that what everyone else would be doing..... its just im wondering if i missed something or done something wrong</TD></TR></TABLE>

You said you cut and and electrical taped the wires up. No soddering?

You said in your first post "I don't have enough money for a computer right now." Well, why'd you put the turbo setup on then?

IMO, the only that's wrong is you being impatient and putting everything on the car before you have everything that you really need. I know you won't listen to me and you won't heed my warning regardless, but seriously take off the kit, repair the ECU wires, and save/research for a chipped ECU and tuning.

Or, you can continue to have problems with your car and eventually lose the engine.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

ok i understand that its much better for you to have chipped ecu or stand alone computer.... i also understand that greddy blue box is garbage and it makes the car run rich *** hell.... but did you ask why i put the turbo on??? because i had everything that i NEEDED to get the car going..... do you think everyone with greddy kit has a standalone computer???? then why dont they [freak]ing sell another computer with it.... even though the blue box is some **** it basically does its job and i assumed that everything was going to be ok til i had the map problem which i am posting..... so if you are going to tell me to buy a comptuer dont even bother posting because i already understand that its better for me to get one.... its just not the right time and dont have enough funds... meanwhile im saving up i will be running with the greddy blue box.... and its running like **** right now so i want to fix it and ride it until i get a computer..... also is what other way would be good to hook up the wires instead of soddering because for some reason i cant sodder the wire together well....

Modified by xiLLtegRax at 4:11 PM 4/27/2008
Old 04-27-2008, 08:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xiLLtegRax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i understand that its much better for you to have chipped ecu or stand alone computer.... i also understand that greddy blue box is garbage and it makes the car run rich *** hell.... but did you ask why i put the turbo on??? because i had everything that i NEEDED to get the car going..... do you think everyone with greddy kit has a standalone computer???? then why dont they [freak]ing sell another computer with it.... even though the blue box is some **** it basically does its job and i assumed that everything was going to be ok til i had the map problem which i am posting..... so if you are going to tell me to buy a comptuer dont even bother posting because i already understand that its better for me to get one.... its just not the right time and dont have enough funds... meanwhile im saving up i will be running with the greddy blue box.... and its running like **** right now so i want to fix it and ride it until i get a computer..... also is what other way would be good to hook up the wires instead of soddering because for some reason i cant sodder the wire together well....

Modified by xiLLtegRax at 4:11 PM 4/27/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

no you dont understand, the blue box is all of your problems. get it tuned or have problems and blow up engine. its an easy choice for most. the blue box has had issues since day one. thats why there is tuning software now days like hondata, neptune, ectune, crome ...
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dbiker207)

blue box's are nothin but headaches!! if u want to run your car boosted make it only a few psi dont beat on it and use stock ls computer. when u hit boost u get a map sensor code casue its reading boost missing links are junk as well. save up get a map sensor ecu injectors and GET IT TUNED!!