Notices

Turbo questions with stock ECU

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo questions with stock ECU

I originally posted this in the Integra section, but I was told to repost this here since this is the better place for this topic.

I was thinking about buying an fmax turbo kit, but without the additional injector BS they include with it. Instead, I was going to run a S-AFC, a set of DSM 450cc injectors, and one of those wideband O2 kits you put together yourself for tuning with the typical EGT gauge. I am eventually going to go Hondata or AEM standalone, but until then, can I get by with the stock ECU on 8psi, or is it out of the question?

This is the first Honda I have owned. Previously I have owned a DSM for 3 years, and have gotten to the point where I can tune one blindfolded by using only EGT's and an S-AFC. I figure the same concepts apply with the Honda, although I don't know exactly how the stock ECU likes to respond.

Can I get by with stock timing on a stock headgasket? Or will I need to run something like the MSD boost retard? Also, what should I run to increase fuel pressure per pound of boost? I work for a shop locally, so that is why I was planning on the fmax kit- I get it at a discounted price.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2002, 08:59 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo questions with stock ECU (Ramocheese)

In all honesty, you could get by with that. But, the stock Honda ECU doesn't read boost, which is why Hondata exists. I would highly recommend jumping ahead and getting that to begin with. Coming from a DSM, you would be highly disgruntled with your proposed setup, especially in the drivability department.