Notices

turbo on a LS auto?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo on a LS auto?

what will it cost to get a pretty good but inexpensive turbo in an automatic?
Old 06-23-2001, 04:04 PM

Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (crewjones)

Expect to pay around 3k for everything un-installed. Or you could buy a used kit for 2k+, or piece one together custom-like for about the same price.
Old 06-23-2001, 07:14 PM
Ray
New User

Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (PureTeg420)

turbo is a automatic can be dangerous. Sudden upshifts
Old 06-29-2001, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (crewjones)

i got hooked up with the greddy gsr 11" intercooled kit (basically brand new) and gauges and fuel pump and entire '95 interior and ground controls for $1200. yeah, i kind of lucked out on spotting the deal in nopi(savannah). the car was wrecked and the owner wanted to hook me up with the kit because i have a fully gutted hybrid hatch(b18b1auto-veeeeeeeeeeery rare). he's a good friend now. sold my friend the complete swap and full built sus for about 2.5 g's. i know everything is good because i did all the wrenching. my point is, i just finished putting the gsr kit in my car and everything except fmu went right in, no rigging or hack job. my car is an auto and i guarantee you wont find but a handful of auto hybrids in the states(basically a hack and mod everything). before the turbo my car would effortlessly catch 1st, 2nd, and third. another thing just don't boost an auto more than about 6lbs. get a tranny cooler and oil cooler, i did to be safe. don't let people tell you not to boost an auto...my car is damn fast now. people will get really mad when you beat them in an auto, especially turbo(turbo hybrid even better, auto tranny shifts a lot harder with less load and weight of car). hope you decide to boost, you will be glad...and later if you do the tranny swap...you can double your boost.
Old 06-29-2001, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (loturbohybrideg)

auto tranny can be fast. Just take a look at that neon 20psi of boost wiht 150shot of nos running 9.7 so dont underestimate a auto car.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (b18bturbo)

My friend ran 14.0 at 100 on 7 psi on an auto ls.
Now the car runs 12.9 with a gsr tranny on 8-9 psi with a blown head gasket.
Its going much faster once we fix it this weekend.
EVIL
Old 06-29-2001, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (Evil GS-R)

hey evil gsr...did you guys or your friend do the manual swap w/ the gsr tranny or is it the jdm auto gsr tranny? from the et, i figured he did the manual gsr swap? yeah...the clutch makes a whole lot of difference. if my friend didn't get the tranny with that gsr swap, i would have been manual for about $300!!! but, i did go ahead and get the clutch, gas and brake, master clutch cylinder, and clutch lines, and mounts for free with my turbo and interior deal, so after i destroy my auto tranny, i will just have to get clutch and tranny. if and when i get some times, i will gladly post them for my fully gutted(no weight figures yet) turbo ls hybrid auto. it may quite possibly run high 13's. that's good you know auto's are capable, my friends now know and are really impressed because i do all my wrenching and they are all f-ing idiots. anyway...i'll be hitting around this board more often. thanks again for the bov info.
Old 06-29-2001, 01:50 PM

Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (loturbohybrideg)

I have an auto right now too with intake exhaust. My fastest time so far is a 16.6. Not too fast I was thinking about NOS since it would be the cheapest, but turbo sounds good too. Evil, what exactly did your friend have in the auto turbo? How fast would I be with like a 55 shot of NOS. (Zex kit for example). THanks a lot. I'd be happy if I hit like 14's in an auto 15's would be good also. Well anything better than 16.6. Peace guys.
Old 07-02-2001, 01:42 PM
New User

Default Re: turbo on a LS auto? (Coaster)

I had a turbo on my auto LS for awhile...it was quick when I could get it past 3 PSI. At 3 PSI with stock exhaust I ran a 15.9.

Not too shabby considering with 3" exhaust and the proper 7 PSI I would have been in the mid 14s.

Alex