Notices

Which turbo kit is the best for LS auto? any suggestion

Old 07-25-2001, 09:37 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which turbo kit is the best for LS auto? any suggestion

Which turbo kit is the best for LS auto? I look for both maximum power( it can only boots 6~7 psi in auto) and reliability.... I need your some good help before i start....
Old 07-25-2001, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which turbo kit is the best for LS auto? any suggestion (shpae)

If you Integra LS is 94-01, I would definitely go DRAG Gen 3.
Old 07-25-2001, 10:10 PM

Your auto integra cannot handle turbo with the stock auto tranny.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't know why people say that the auto tranny can't handle boost! whatever, i know there is a point to not go past and it only takes a idiot to run too much boost on a unbuilt auto. i have the greddy gsr intercooled kit on my 93 hatch/95 ls auto...and it is fully gutted(not even power steer or ac components. maybe from the anorexia, the auto tranny shifts pretty hard, less load, and it catches 1st, 2nd, and third, and usually fourth without effort. it is fun beating the manual cars, though i am going to do the conversion and will be whipping serious as_ then. i made a auto turbo hybrid to prove a point and i have to many modded gst's, gsrt's, and civict's, and most v-8's. people can say or think what they want to till they run into someone who knows physics and how to use and take advantage of what they have. i enjoy the drama and the manual guys who do get beat by my car. really, no offense to slapstick...i have most parts and am going to do the full conversion with other goodies (in motor). it's really up to you though if you want to risk it. you should be alright though, try and keep it peaked at 6 and just go lighter chasis...trust me, go real light. that is where you get full advantage over the auto tranny. good luck.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which turbo kit is the best for LS auto? any suggestion (loturbohybrideg)

I agree there is nothing wrong with turboing an auto. just look at that phatridz neon. That 2.4 liter is hitting 150mph and 9.5 in the 1/4 mile auto tranny on a t3/t4 with nos.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which turbo kit is the best for LS auto? any suggestion (b18bturbo)

thank you man! i can't stand when some people are so critical and disrespect the driver of an auto or the actual car. why do they care! they aren't asked to drive the m.f. it's funny how i challenge and accept all challenges with my car and i tell people it is an auto too. i don't get any respect till i give someone a damn ride or beat them with my car...giving rides is the best because i get to look over at them and not the tach and watch their expression as they all say "holy shiiiiiiiii_!" i get a lot of respect and especially since i do all my wrenching and building. thanks again b18bturbo and anyone else with the respect.