Notices

turbo install questions.....need some input

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo install questions.....need some input

1. fmu-do i hook up the top fitting to the line before the fuel regulator(which is the vaccum source) and then cut the line after the fuel pressure regulator and hook those up to the fmu. <~is that right?

2. i bought the kit used and did not come with a weld on fitting for the drain on the oil pain. should i use some brass fittings? or get a little pipe welded at the muffler shop?

3. im using the turbonetics delta wastegate, the side which says boost is the one i hook up to a vaccum source right? do i just leave the top that says vaccum the way it is?

4. my greddy bov has 2 fittings, i know the top is for the vaccum source, but what is the 2nd fitting for?

5. i need to get a brass T fitting for the back of the block. this is for the feed line. what size do i need to get? 1/16? 1/8?

this is a used drag kit going on a b18b in a eg

any input would help.........thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2003, 10:13 PM

Default Re: turbo install questions.....need some input (wickedxboi)

1. fmu-do i hook up the top fitting to the line before the fuel regulator(which is the vaccum source) and then cut the line after the fuel pressure regulator and hook those up to the fmu. <~is that right?

2. i bought the kit used and did not come with a weld on fitting for the drain on the oil pain. should i use some brass fittings? or get a little pipe welded at the muffler shop?

3. im using the turbonetics delta wastegate, the side which says boost is the one i hook up to a vaccum source right? do i just leave the top that says vaccum the way it is?

4. my greddy bov has 2 fittings, i know the top is for the vaccum source, but what is the 2nd fitting for?

5. i need to get a brass T fitting for the back of the block. this is for the feed line. what size do i need to get? 1/16? 1/8?

this is a used drag kit going on a b18b in a eg

any input would help.........thanks in advance
I'll give it a shot...
1)vacuum for the fmu can come from any good vacuum source, it's best to not -t- off the fpr, yes you hook the fmu up after the stock fpr, it's best to get some fuel line from anywhere so you can mount the fmu in a convienent place.
2)Get a pipe welded on
3)I believe it's ust like the tial wg, you hook up the vacuum to the side port and leave the top one open, unless your using a ebc
4) have no clue
5)once again i don't know, your best bet is to take the oil pressure sending unit off and take it down to a pipe fitting place so that they can give you the proper fitting.

hope some of this helps
Old 02-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo install questions.....need some input (b16ahybrid)

thanks.......anyone else?
Old 02-24-2003, 08:18 AM

1-FMU Top hook up to the vacuum line,
2-go get it weld or get a fitting -10 and drill it in there with lock treads or teflon tape
3-W/G if u dont have a boost controller leave the top open..hook the side up to the compressor housing or some have it hook up to there piping that hook to the turbo.
4-just hook it up to the vacuum source
5-1/8 and run -3 lines and fittings

My suggesion: Remember to switch to cold plugs,if possible get hondata for tuning,and some injectors 440cc
Old 02-24-2003, 09:04 AM
New User

The back of the block is 1/8 BSPT, if you use 1/8 NPT you might mess the threads up or crack the area you screw it into. Happened to a guy on here before.

As far as the oil pan, if you get a little pipe welded, you are going to have to use some kind of rubber or silicon line to just clamp on, which might leak oil. If I were you, I would get a fitting welded into the pan, like 1/2 or something, and then find an earls fitting that is 1/2 to 10 AN, then you could run some stainless steel 10AN line.

I am almost positive on the greddy you leave the bottom open.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo install questions.....need some input (IntegD)

thanks for the help guys.........

i have a couple more questions.

1. where is the oil pressure sensor located? is it right next to the oil filter on the left side ? i see some kind of plug with a rubber boot on it(left side righr next to the oil filter). is that right right sensor?

2. i took out my old plugs in favor for the 7 series ngks. i noticed that the very top of the plugs are white(the part that looks like a L)? is that normal or am i running lean? my fuel gauge reads 40 psi with the car in ON position and around 43 psi with the car on idle.

3. are most of the lines going to the intake manifold vaccum lines?

sorry for the noobie questions, i want to make sure that everything is hooked up right before i turn the motor on. thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 09:39 PM

yup you've found the stock pressure sender. my friends gsr and my sohc both had that boot on really tight. that prob took me longer to pull of then taking out the actual sensor. good luck with your install

-alan
Old 02-24-2003, 11:40 PM

1. no idea, i don't have an fmu
2. depends what u want for a return line. rubber hose, get a pipe welded on; ss braid hose, get a fitting welded on
3. deltagate should be same as the tial, hook the vacuum side to a vacuum source, the top leave it open
4. no idea, have hks, single fitting
5. the brass T can be gotten from STAn (Flamenco-T), from dallas, it would take like 2 days to recieve and he has it in stock and he'll hook u up with one
Old 02-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo install questions.....need some input (TurbothisLS)

any good suggestions on how to take off that rubber boot????? its on really tight
Old 02-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2. i took out my old plugs in favor for the 7 series ngks. i noticed that the very top of the plugs are white(the part that looks like a L)? is that normal or am i running lean? my fuel gauge reads 40 psi with the car in ON position and around 43 psi with the car on idle.

3. are most of the lines going to the intake manifold vaccum lines?

sorry for the noobie questions, i want to make sure that everything is hooked up right before i turn the motor on. thanks
Old 02-25-2003, 09:09 PM

are you pulling the vacuum source and plugging it up when reading fuel pressure?

haha i told you that boot would be tight. you just gotta be persistent and patient. either that or put a little slit in the rubber and try to peel it off.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo install questions.....need some input (Pengo)

http://www.geocities.com/michaelstorvick/

has some tips for hooking up stuff..

mike