Notices

Turbo for beginer.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo for beginer.

Look, you don't belive guy's but there is no turbo Honda in our Country.
So, again I'm like a pionner. Must find out everything buy my self.
Need advaice in to simple turbo system for D16Z6 V-tec SOCH.

Parts for moust simple system:

I will use T3 turbo.
What is base presure for T3?
Fuel manegment from Vortech. I know how to conect that unit in to system. What kind of presure FMU do I need for that system?
Tubes, pipes will made buy my self.
Manifold from CRX some kind of model, I don't know from who exactly.
Intercoler from BMW 525 TDi
I have Blow off valve too.
How to control boost presure manualy in turbo. what do I need for that?
From itake manifold?

Don't be angry on me, it is more simple to ask to you. I do research in web alot buy my self too.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (Root79)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Root79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is base presure for T3?</TD></TR></TABLE>
It depends on what the internal wastegate is set at, and exactly what t3 turbo it is.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Root79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fuel manegment from Vortech. I know how to conect that unit in to system. What kind of presure FMU do I need for that system?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Depends on what disc is in the FMU.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Root79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Manifold from CRX some kind of model, I don't know from who exactly.</TD></TR></TABLE>
CRX HF is the one that you need. Then you'll need an adapter plate.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Root79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How to control boost presure manualy in turbo. what do I need for that?
From itake manifold?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
You can either control the boost by adding a manual boost controller, or adjusting the wastegate rod.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (ScrapinSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScrapinSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It depends on what the internal wastegate is set at, and exactly what t3 turbo it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

T3 from Saab, Volvo.....
Old 01-08-2004, 02:27 AM

I can made adapter for turbo buy my self too. In proces I will find out what kind it must be.

The engine torn on....Turbine start rotate....the presure in intake manifold raise.....then on exaust turbo side presure rise too.....YES?

Old 01-08-2004, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the t3 from the saab will probably be at 7psi i believe...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Root79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The engine torn on....Turbine start rotate....the presure in intake manifold raise.....then on exaust turbo side presure rise too.....YES?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The exhaust isn't under pressure... the exhaust spins the wheel which is on the same shaft as the compressor (Intake) side, which sucks the air in, and forces it into the intake manifold.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (ScrapinSi)

Thank's.
How I understand boost controls on T3 buy presure which comes from compresor to intercooler. Somewere in the midle of those parts must be conection to wastgate valve. When throtel opens air start to spin exaust turbo side and compresor side make presure to intake manifold too in same time. So, when presure come close to T3 base factory presure 0.6 Bar, then wastegate opens.

Map sensor, how to make it lie, show to ECU 0 presure when in real time it's biger? What kind of mods must done with Map sensor?
Old 01-08-2004, 10:59 PM

check valves or missing link. type it in the search feature and get lots of info and pics. You can pick them up at your local aquirium shop
Old 01-09-2004, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (Del_Slowest)

root...you are my man! i think it is so tyte that you have found love for hondas in a place where modifying them is alianated.....way to be a rebel woth out a cause!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (dwchkypmp20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwchkypmp20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">root...you are my man! i think it is so tyte that you have found love for hondas in a place where modifying them is alianated.....way to be a rebel woth out a cause! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Agree only by 50% but, yes I'm a fighter, I love what I'm doing. Sometimes that is stupid, but in final, moust of times, I'm the winner.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:44 AM
New User

Latvia REPRESENT!!

The internet is scary, i am about to give advice to someone 1000's of miles away who speaks another language. too sweet!!

You have two options for fooling the MAP sensor.

1. Fish tank valves. Very cheap very easy. Place two or three fishtank valves between the TB and MAP in such a way so the vavles bypass or let out the pressure before it reaches the MAP. Let's see if this pic works.

Feel free to steal this pic and use it anywhere.

2. Buy a Missing link valve from the internet and clean it regularly. Do a search.

Show them what a Honda can do.

Randy
Old 01-09-2004, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (RGAZ)

About Latvia:

http://www.lutetiatravel.com/latvia/
Old 01-09-2004, 07:59 AM

I will boost D16Z6 till 200Hp with that setup?
Old 01-09-2004, 09:36 AM

you can only run a certain psi with that setup, horsepower all depends on the turbo that you have. If you're map starts seeing boost then you add another fish check valve and you're good to go
Old 01-09-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (Del_Slowest)

As I write before with - T3 turbocharger.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:14 AM

Ok, there is another way how f*** Map sensor? Maybe some electronic devaice?
Old 01-09-2004, 10:19 AM

since your a beginner i advise you to just buy a kit and get it shipped over.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (InTeGrA B18b1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by InTeGrA B18b1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since your a beginner i advise you to just buy a kit and get it shipped over.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not interesting anymore. I'm scientist.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:43 AM

Here's a few links to help you out.

This explains the mechanical parts of a turbo system very clearly.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

These have lots of info about boosting d16 hondas.
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/
http://www.turbod16.com/

As far as fuel management goes, a vortech 12:1 FMU will work, but there are better options. A FMU is a mechanical device...when the car is goes from vaccuum to boost, a diaphragm flexes inside the FMU, increasing fuel pressure at a 12:1 ratio, or 10:1 or 8:1 depending what disc is in the FMU. It creates alot more fuel pressure, squeezing alot of fuel out of stock small injectors. It can make your injectors leak, and wears out your fuel pump faster, and puts more stress on your fuel lines . Also, you can't adjust it, other than swapping out discs. You have to put check valves in the vaccuum line that runs to the MAP sensor, so that the check engine light doesn't come on, and the ECU doesn't freak out & put the car in limp mode. So, basically, you trick the ECU not to control fuel under boost, and use old carburater-style technology to dump more fuel in under boost.

Search on here for "AFC hack" and "Uberteg". Both of these setups allow you to use 450cc mitsubishi injectors and use the ECU to control fuel under boost.

The AFC hack: You wire resistors into the MAP sensor, so that the ECU sees half the voltage it normally would....this allows the ECU to read boost up to about 8psi with out the check engine light coming on. You use 450cc injectors. You wire up an A'pexi AFC set at 40% fuel, and can finetune with it. You also need better fuel pump.

Uberteg: This is a program that allows you to reprogram the Honda 5th gen ECU You desoder a chip in the ECU, and replace it with a ZIF socket. This allows you to install and remove chips you burn with an EPROM burner.

Have fun
Old 01-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There are many diffrent types of T3 turbos. You may be able to make 200 Hp with a saab or volvo one. I have a volvo turbine and a saab compressor and center section I am putting on today on a d16Z6.

Are you going to weld up a 2.5" or 3" exhaust (do you know english measurment or metric?). A large exhaust will help you make more power but I have used a T25 turbo with stock exhaust and it was still fast.

There is a more simple way to not let the MAP sensor see boost. It's is called a missing link. An aluminum spacer that works teh same as the check valves but looks better an will last longer. If you want more boost definatly search for 'Hack' on here. you can then go up to 12psi if you have a manual boost controler.

doing it yourself is the best way
Old 01-10-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Turbo for beginer. (90wagon4wd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90wagon4wd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Uberteg: This is a program that allows you to reprogram the Honda 5th gen ECU You desoder a chip in the ECU, and replace it with a ZIF socket. This allows you to install and remove chips you burn with an EPROM burner. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's actually called Uberdata. Uberteg is the creator

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/
http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/forum/
Old 01-10-2004, 12:24 PM

well, if you in Latvia havent any turbo- hondas, let me invite you to Poland - 1-2 May, Modlin Airstrip, near Warsaw - there will be 2nd Nat'l Championship. And At least 4 turbos in Hondas:
Civic D14 - 160 HP
Civic D15Z6 - 200 HP
Accord F20 - 240 HP
and at last, mine ITR on H22 - 350- 400 HP
Come and see, its not far from you.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:42 AM

Default Re: (Silent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Silent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, if you in Latvia havent any turbo- hondas, let me invite you to Poland - 1-2 May, Modlin Airstrip, near Warsaw - there will be 2nd Nat'l Championship. And At least 4 turbos in Hondas:
Civic D14 - 160 HP
Civic D15Z6 - 200 HP
Accord F20 - 240 HP
and at last, mine ITR on H22 - 350- 400 HP
Come and see, its not far from you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With plesure!!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 06:47 AM

Default Re: (Root79)

Can you write more clouser about those setups. What kind of turbo solution you looking for in Poland.