Notices

Think I've decided on fuel cell , looking for some answers

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I've decided on fuel cell , looking for some answers

I think I've decided On going with a fuel cell and removing my stock gas tank. The pros and cons of sumping the stock fuel tank just aren't there for me, and no matter how the oem/sumped setup looks (ive been looking at them for awhile..) Im simply not happy with the whole looks of it.

I definitely am going to get either a 12gallon or higher, and put it in the spare tire well of the rear. This is all going into a DC2 integra.I realize Im going to have to put in a firewall, but had a weird question, If the stock intererior is In the car, does that count as a firewall? or could i build a false floor that covers the top and be all set?.

What would be the best course of action? Im contemplating keeping the oem fuel filler nozzle, if its not possible, then thats fine. but if I sink the fuel cell into the rear tire well all the way, would I still have enough of a downward angle to use the oem fuel fill with a modified feed hose? That way i can simply build an enclosure around it, and not have to worry about it when it comes to everyday driving.

or should i look into a flat fuel cell and simply replace the oem fuel tank with it in its location? I know they make 15 gallon tanks that are long and flat, and would probably fit in that section..

decisions decisions
Old 06-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Think I've decided on fuel cell , looking for some answers (Code Blue)

bump for some helpful insight
Old 06-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think you can run your stock filler neck into a cell. i know its not aloowed on any track like that, it has to be sealable with a cap on the cell

sounds like you have a good plan as far as mounting it in the spare tire spot, youre just gonna have to pop the hatch when you want gas