Notices

starting to put together my setup.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting to put together my setup.

First of all im new to the boost scene so bare with me . i have a friend selling me a t25 turbo and intercooler for basicly $95 . is this worth it ? im kinda on a budget so kinda trying to find me the best (smart) deal i can get . im goin to be putting my turbo setup peice by peice. this is goin in a b16 setup . i know this is a small turbo but just looking for some noticiable HP nothing really crazy . LOL
Old 11-05-2005, 06:57 PM

selling a turbo and intercooler for $95? I say stay away from it. You can't build a turbo setup quickly. Don't rush anything. Carefully plan things out first. Don't even worry about the turbo just yet. Worry about pistons and rods. And maybe a sleeve job(which i doubt you'll do). Get that stuff first, figure out what wastegate(and psi), blow off valve, and manifold you want to use. Start buying all those things. Get the intercooler. And then get the turbo. I say a t25 is way too small. You won't get much, especially if its on stock internals - because you won't be able to boost as much. Have a plan written down somewhere, with prices and websites to get everything. A turbo w/intercooler for that price is crazy. Either its a very good deal, or they're both crap. The turbo probably spits oil or something. No one in their right mind will sell both for under 100. I say build the motor right. You don't necessarily have to sleeve the block, but definatley get pistons and rods. It'll take a while. Expect it to take about six months or more. Especially when you're on a budget. Everyone here(well most of us) are on budgets. But that just leaves time to make sure you're buying the best parts. Also allows the owner to do a lot of research.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: (TheKingPin)

you get what you pay for
Old 11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheKingPin)

well actually im trading this guy some parts for the turbo and intercooler . he originally purchased the turbo, intercooler, and turbo manifold for $500 from a friend of his used . im basicly spending only $95 on my trade that im giving to him . so basicly im getting both the turbo and the intercooler for $95 .

im goin purchase a hks style BOV, have a guy custom make me some intercooler piping and down pipe, not quite sure on the turbo manifold yet, oil line kit , and a blox fmu . im looking to run about 7 psi . any other suggestions ?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: (twisted_jdm_b16)

even $500 for that stuff is dirt cheap man....don't half-*** it when it comes to your parts
Old 11-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Da K00l Aid Mayun)

the intercooler has a few bent fins , but it isnt really bad . ived actually fixed a few . it takes patiance to do that as well . LOL . the intercooler has a lil shaft play . not that bad i actuallly couldnt really tell you whats bad and whats not . is there anyway i can chck these parts my self to check that their okay ?