Notices

this is starting to get old....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is starting to get old....

Alright my set up has hit yet ANOTHER road block to finnaly getting boosted I was thinking today that the guy who is gonna be tuning my car is driving an awful long ways, and that I had yet to actualy find out if the car builds boost, So i went ahead and tightend up the wastegate and took the car out for a test run, figured to take it pretty easy sence I didnt want to boost to much, but i quicky realized that it wasnt gonna boost. I layed into the throttle a few times to make sure but still nothing. The car runs great, seems to be pulling pretty good, but that gauge isnt showing any boost and the wideband isnt showing any fuel readings to lead me to believe its flowing anymore then before. So i get home and pop the hood and check the charge pipes and everything is tight, untill i get to the radiator hose thats coming off off the compressor elbow. I fill in the considerable leak with some sillicone i had laying around and let it sit. Come back out and go for another test drive, same results. I pop the hood and rev the motor a bit and the only thing i can hear is a sligh hiss from the BOV area. Im really getting tired of all these problems lol if someone could help fix this issue id arpreciate it
Old 07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SLOW DOWN....take your time..if you don't have the time your gonna have to make it...focus on one area at a time don't move on til it's finished...make a checklist..then double hell even triple check...i've done install for 8 yrs i still check over my own work..it doesn't hurt to check just a little more time..good luck
Old 07-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: this is starting to get old.... (delsolsi94)

so your using a radiator hose as a charge pipe?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: this is starting to get old.... (SOHC_MShue)

Same thing I was thinking. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so your using a radiator hose as a charge pipe? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: this is starting to get old.... (BronzeEG)

Radiator hose makes fantastic charge pipes. Its got smooth bends, heat resistance, and is reinforced to limit expansion. Go look at some factory turbo charged cars and you will see many pipes make out of reinforced rubber. Just becasue shiny pipes are "in" doesn't mean they are the only viable option.

Having in hole in it sounds a lot closer to the real problem. Look for other leaks too, BOV opening under boost, PCV valve not closing, WG staying open etc...
Old 07-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: this is starting to get old....

alright made a leak tester and I found a pretty good size leak around the weld for the bov flange. The radiator hose fitting actually seems to be holding well ill find out for sure once the leak i found is sealed.