Notices

Boost problems? Or is it all in my head?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost problems? Or is it all in my head?

While driving my Teg pretty hard the other night, I suddenly heard a familiar POP! and found I had no boost. Limped it home, checked the next day and sure enough a boost pipe had come off. I'd replaced all the crappy jubilee clamps with t-bolt clamps except for one, and this had finally let go.

So I swapped it for a t-bolt clamp, checked all the other boost pipes and clamps just incase, all were fine. Just took the car out for a spin. Although it is boosting now, and its getting up to 16psi, it just seems a little bit flat Its weird, I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not. Just feels like I have to accelerate that bit harder before the turbo starts to spin up, and its not breaking traction in 2nd as quickly or violently as it would do normally.

I'm sure all the boost pipes are ok now. I checked the vacuum lines to the wastegate etc, none are loose and I can't see any splits. What am I missing?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boost problems? Or is it all in my head? (angela_itr)

Its probably leaking somewhere. Just because a clamp is tight doesnt mean it wont leak. The only real way to check is to take off your air filter and pressureize the whole system with compresser air (shop air, bike pump, whatever). You will be able to hear any leaks between the compressor to the valves, including a little blow by into the crankcase.